GRRRR>....HELP!

Ok, got this thing apart to do the conversion but ran into a few snags. 1st, does the BHO spring go back in? If so how/where? Next, I am trying to do a saw grip and assumed that the grip came with the damn pistol grip nut and it did not, where can I get one fast? Lastly, I am doing a search right now to find how to do the mag conversion. Since I am stuck and can not complete this I am going to go ahead and do it since I got 2 free metal 30rd AK mags. Thanks!

Ok, FUGG IT!!! This BHO is going in the trash. It appears to me that the one retaining bolt needs to hold it and the hammer group. The bolt will not seat with the BHO in place therefore its not going to work so I am saying bye-bye to it. Other questions are still in effect. Thanks

Magazine fix is done and works. Now here is my other problem to add to my list. The retainer bolts for both the trigger group and bolt group will not stay in! Any clues?

I suggest I do your home work and use the search function...

You need a retaining spring, you can also use the original retaining spring after a quick mod on it.

Magazine fix is done and works. Now here is my other problem to add to my list. The retainer bolts for both the trigger group and bolt group will not stay in! Any clues?

I suggest I do your home work and use the search function...

You need a retaining spring, you can also use the original retaining spring after a quick mod on it.

Tired the search funtion and come up with alot of stuff but honestly its too much info to dig through to get the answears I need. And your right, I am PIZZED right now. I feel like chucking this POS out the window. I dunno what to do about the pins not seating correctly and I now have to find a pistol nut and a screw for the trigger gaurd. I really dont care about the BHO, its not a feature I need. If holding the bolt back is all it does, then I dont need it. I will have to get back to this tomorrow, just too mad to think really good.

Here's the link to a great conversion site. I followed the directions here for my first build and it came out great. All you need to put the BHO back in is 2 feet of dental floss.

Page 8 of the build is the start of putting the BHO back in. You can find it here:

http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/saiga/saiga-8.htm

Enjoy!

Carl

Save your BHO, you can sell it, with the spring too.

Cobra used some standard hardware from a hardware store to make a version of the pistol grip screw and nut, it doesn't hold down the trigger gaurd , get a smaller shorter screw and nut for that, use loctite too.

PM me if you want a bullet guide on the cheap for AK mags, you have to drill and tap the flat in front bottom of the chamber.

lol, i was pretty frustrated about the BHO, but after say...2 hours and 2 six packs later, it got in.....you can get a grip and nut from tapco, blackjack buffers and maybe even dinzag, to use the regular AK mags i would suggest going to dinzag's website and ordering the proper block for it....good luck, there's a tutorial for just about everything in here, you just gotta search for it

after the third time around on the bho spring i came up with tying a thread on the circle of the spring and pulling it through the hole where the bho is with the string and pushing it down from the top with a small screw driver then when it appeared in the hole using a small screw driver to pry it in place while i pushed the pin in,,, hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas on how to get it in. it is a pain and i like mine for when i am on the range. good luck

after the third time around on the bho spring i came up with tying a thread on the circle of the spring and pulling it through the hole where the bho is with the string and pushing it down from the top with a small screw driver then when it appeared in the hole using a small screw driver to pry it in place while i pushed the pin in,,, hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas on how to get it in. it is a pain and i like mine for when i am on the range. good luck

that's what i did....

Thanks guys, after cooling down I am still ditching the BHO. Honestly I dont need it and I feel I can live without it. I would rather have a weapon that I can tear apart and reassemble quickly and the BHO dont fit the bill. So from more research it seems I would need a TRIGGER PARTS-AXIS PIN RETAINING PLATE, a tapco nut and a bullet guide.

I already have a saw grip so I just need the nut hopefully ASAP so I can fire this next weekend.

Thanks guys, after cooling down I am still ditching the BHO. Honestly I dont need it and I feel I can live without it. I would rather have a weapon that I can tear apart and reassemble quickly and the BHO dont fit the bill. So from more research it seems I would need a TRIGGER PARTS-AXIS PIN RETAINING PLATE, a tapco nut and a bullet guide.

I already have a saw grip so I just need the nut hopefully ASAP so I can fire this next weekend.

you dont NEED that plate.. you can use small e clips or small hitch pins.. the plate is better but not needed... the reason i asked you what FGC you have is because if you are trying to install a BHO on a rifle with a FGC not setup to use the BHO it will NEVER work, and drive you nuts.. the other side of that is if you DONT use the BHO on a rifle with a FCG that has been modified for use of one you will have some play where the FCG should be...