Are these for real?

Most Yugo mags have a BHO feature built in. Apexgunparts.com has them for $17 each.

Yeah, but the original yugo receiver has a widget that holds the bolt...

US made "Yugo" receivers don't have that widget.

my surefire mags have a last round bho in them

i know this is probably a stupid question but if i use the surefire mag with the bolt hold open do i need any other parts on a factory saigs to achieve the bolt hold open or is this total BS??

thanks

my surefire mags have a last round bho in them

i know this is probably a stupid question but if i use the surefire mag with the bolt hold open do i need any other parts on a factory saigs to achieve the bolt hold open or is this total BS??

thanks

The mag BHO works independenly of the factory BHO lever.

Remember that these mags only hold the bolt open after the last round is fired, basically only staying open when the rifle is empty. This is not like the factory BHO feature that you can use as a range safety devise.

Honestly, BHO mags have no advantage, and slow down mag changes because the mags are about 3 times harder to remove because of tension from the bolt. When you remove the empty mag, the bolt slams closed; meaning that you have to run the bolt again anyway when a new mag is inserted - no advantage there.

Some people argue that the BHO magazines are beneficial because you can see when the rifle runs out of ammo. I would argue that these folks need some training in the AK platform. In a critical situation (or training scenario) you ALWAYS do a mag change and bolt-run when the rifle stops running - you don't unshoulder the weapon to look into the chamber to see if the rifle is empty. On the range, a finger chamber check takes less effort to perform than bringing the rifle in and looking into an open chamber, and the finger check can even be done with the safety on.

On ranges where they require an open chamber for safety reasons, you can't have a mag in the rifle anyway. I suggest just buying a cheap orange "empty chamber flag" for the range and just buy regular AK mags. Mr. Kalash intended it that way.