I can see why military rounds went up, copper prices went up for cartridges, but why in the world is plastic and cheap lead going up??? Where is all the cheap ammo to be had? Where did the 4.00 / box Wolf go, or the 35cent slugs go? Is this the start of the Obamanation ammo conspiracy?

I used to use AIM surplus, Midway USA, and Sportsmans Guide, and even they don't seem to have deals anymore. I have my drum, now my feed stock must be replenished. I need hundreds of rounds of cheap plastic that does not misfeed much or break apart before it hits a chamber.

Its just like gas prices, expect prices to rise until the market withdraws, then it will reset

For Rifle ammo I've had good luck with ammoman.com . Lately everything is sold B4 it goes up on the web site so it always looks "sold out." You have to get on the mailing list for whatever ammo you want.

I used to use ammunitiontogo for a while, but I just dialed in a few boxes and my shipping came to 33.00. They do have great prices, but if you live in FL, you have to be careful to what sort of "deal" you are getting. that's why I like sportsmansguide.com, after your first order or two you get 10.00 coupons for shipping, and your orders even heavy end up being 10-20 bucks.

Try the gun shows. A couple of weeks ago I got lucky and found an ammo dealer who was selling Federal Premium 12 GA 3" sabot slugs for $4.95 a box, such a deal!!, I bought all he had. 3" slugs are particularly hard to come by these days. Also Dick's sometimes has them at a decent price. I love using 3" slugs now that I have a shotgun that doesn't kick like a mule, and they go exactly where you aim them at up to 75 to 100 yds., no lobbing like with the 2 3/4" slugs. Good luck on the ammo hunt. Here's a shot of my boys at the range for their test firings.

post-13782-1236825181_thumb.jpg

Edited by newsaiga12