What can I expect?

I'm strongly considering a .308 Saiga. What can I expect in terms of accuracy, reliability (as if I really need to ask that one!), etc.? Where are good scope mounts, and the like, and how hard is it to do a dragunov stock conversion, including the trigger guard and the like?

Thanks for the help.

If you want a Saiga .308..... theres a BUNCH STILL for sale at gunbroker, and auctionarms...

Also try

Jason Gilbert

Gilbert's Gun Shop

2282 Louisville Rd

Frankfort, Ky 40601

Phone: 502-227-7889

Hes even got 60 day layaway... and had a few in stock still...

Good luck...

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms

With good ammunition, you should be able to expect MOA accuracy, if you're doing your part, with a good scope. Personally I love the PSOP scopes, but side mounts that have a normal weaver rail on top are available so you can attach anything you want. Mine came with the iron sights very well zeroed from the factory. It shot exactly to point of aim at 100 yards, on the 100 setting for the rear sight. I know that some people have complained about the wood furniture cracking, but I have yet to experience this. Both versions should be pretty sturdy. I've also heard some people complain about the polymer magazines, but once again I've had no problems with them.

+1 on gilberts gunshop, thats wehre i got my saiga in .308. (via gunbroker.com)

as for accuracy, with good ammo you should get submoa easily. ill be at the range again saturday and will bring back some targets from 100 yards to show you what i can do. hopefully my aussie .308 is here by then. wolf .308 SUCKS.

Edited by legonas

I got MY .308 at Gilberts via gunbroker, too... but you can just call them, they will ship to your FFL and even have 60 day layaways...

I would BUY ONE NOW.... the prices are STILL DECENT... and you will get a COLLECTIBLE EAA model.... when the new importer sets up shop... all the models will be marked RAAC models.... The prices are still pretty decent for the .308's.... why wait.... SNAG ONE UP!!!!

What's wrong with Wolf .308? I love Wolf 7.62X39 and I have even tried their 45ACP and 9mm with great results. I'm very interested in why you say it sucks.

Probably because they are trying to compare american made hunting ammo to russian made military grade ammunition... there is a big difference...

I PERSONALLY LOVE WOLF AMMO! lets get that straight from the get go...

BUT.... it is not the DO ALL Ammo... and is not the most accurate... its DECENT... not GREAT...

I can shoot wolf 7.62X39 at 50 yards with my AK... and one box will give me 3 inch groups... the next an inch group.. and the next one... 2 inch groups... or any variation thereof... with 5 round groups out of each box of 20. Just seems to be which bullets I happen to load the gun with... just as an example.... they dont seem to load them quite as consistently as the USA ammunition companies do...Mind you.. not by MUCH... but ENOUGH to notice...

I got MY .308 at Gilberts via gunbroker, too... but you can just call them, they will ship to your FFL and even have 60 day layaways...

I would BUY ONE NOW.... the prices are STILL DECENT... and you will get a COLLECTIBLE EAA model.... when the new importer sets up shop... all the models will be marked RAAC models.... The prices are still pretty decent for the .308's.... why wait.... SNAG ONE UP!!!!

Collectable EAA model? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

A constant reminder of how bad the previous importer sucked?

If my Saiga had EAA stamped in it I would fill it in with JB, sand and refinish. Along with the Saiga for dummies stamp on the other side. :lolol: I'd rather see K Mart stamped on there! No offense ya'll. :haha:

Collectable EAA model

That was meant to be humorous sarcasm..... LOL

Obviously you found it QUITE laughable... LOL I did too...

Well... it is true though... no matter what... Gilberts has them, for a good price... buy one now no matter whose stamp is on it... :)

What, did somebody say Gilberts in here??? They've got 308s sitll in stock in synthetic (like I said in another post, a guy bought 6 saigas today!). I believe they go for $299. If you buy in the store, you obviously save on shipping, if you buy out of state, you don't have to pay the 6% (sales tax in KY). The best way is to call or get one off the website.

They do 60 day layaway and financing (90 days no charge, 3% for 6months, and 6% for 12months I believe).

If anyone is looking for saiga 223 mags, got a ton in stock.

i bought 500 rnds of .308. shooting the 8 rnd mag, at 25 yards, i could put 3 of the 8 into a submoa group. after those the group would open up between 2-3 inches.

it is good blaster ammo, but there is alot cheaper blaster ammo out there. its not accurate of consistant. it has no redeaming qualities when compared to other surplus .308 on the market, price or quality wise.

i love there 7.62x39 though. its all i shoot through my AK's and i probaly have used over 10K of it already.