Just Test Fired the Conversion...

The only problem with the Saiga 12 is while the stock is folded the empty cases will not extract most of the time. I tried both gas settings and no luck. If you open the folding stock and shoulder the weapon everything works fine. With the stock folded (or when I shoot the gun ONE HANDED yes one handed) most of the time the bolt will not come back far enough to eject the empty case. I'm guessing that it is like limp wristing a pistol.

Also, firing the gun ONE HANDED is a breeze. Unlike a pump shotgun the SAIGA does not hurt your hand at all!!!

I am wondering if with the folder the gun needs a slightly larger gas port or maybe I just need to break it in a little more. I was shooting Winchester 8's from Wally World.

This baby needs three gas settings: Magnum, Standard, and Folded!

Shouldered, I can fire five shots before the 1st case hits the ground as the action is so quick...

Why would the stock being folded have anything to do with how it cycles??? unless the bolt hits the stock ( with the charging handle..)

Or does how it sits in the receiver CHANGE slightly when its folded? and cause the bolt to not retract all the way???

:smoke:

Why would the stock being folded have anything to do with how it cycles??? unless the bolt hits the stock ( with the charging handle..)

Or does how it sits in the receiver CHANGE slightly when its folded? and cause the bolt to not retract all the way???

:smoke:

Without the stock, your arms absorb a lot of the recoil. That can cause a light load not to cycle the gun.

The gun runs GREAT on your shoulder both B4 and after the conversion. It's only a problem with the stock folded and shot non-shouldered. I could not try this senario before the conversion (unless I tried it with the stock OFF the gun).

I really can't see how the conversion changed anything except a mucho better trigger pull. I guess I can try polishing the hammer face because I do have a new hammer in the gun as part of the FCG replacement. I am using the same hammer spring...

The bolt does not come all the way rearward. Maybe 1/2" short of a full stroke.

p.s. I CAN operate the safety with the stock folded - it's just a little tight getting your finger inbetween the folded stock and the receiver.

Edited by MadDog

The problem with lightly held saiga NOT cycling is basic physics-the stroke of the piston is the same, but the reciever is moving also, this causes short cycling due to the deficency of RELATIVE motion. See that was easy!

G O B

The problem with lightly held saiga NOT cycling is basic physics-the stroke of the piston is the same, but the reciever is moving also, this causes short cycling due to the deficency of RELATIVE motion. See that was easy!

G O B

:eek: holy shit! i had to think about that awhile but i think i understood the physics...i feel like that fred einstein guy now! i are a jeenyus!!! :lolol:

I have an extra spring. Might snip a bit off and try running some of the walmart loads on #2 to see if I can get them to cycle. My problem is, I shoot Wolf slugs and they still wont eject all the time (about 3 of 5 do OK). Then I shoot high-vel mag slugs on #1 and after a couple of mags my shoulder is bleeding even with a blackjack buffer. I'm hoping for a setup to cycle everything like BVAMP claims to be able to do consistently. There are days when you want to shoot a truck in half with a few shots, and there are some when you just want to shoot a box of cheapo birdshot with ease.