Match Videos from today

We had a 3 gun sat 21st and I wanted to and had a chance to smoke a 16rd course and much to,my dismay my drum or should I say my Saiga didnt run :-( FTE every round Kent mid brass 6 shot 3 dram later I put it on gas setting 2 and while using REM 4 shot high brass 3 3/4 dram it did function but still had a couple of fte's. When I got home and cleaned it 3 of the 4 ports were blocked with crud either partially of completly. I had just 3 days previous ran a full 20 of this Kent through it with ZERO malf's.

Great runs!

They let you start with more than 10 rounds? Last year I was told I had to start with a 10rd mag, then I could switch to the drum.

Great work with the sidearm, what are you shooting there?

My first 3gun is April 5th, can't wait!!

They let you start with more than 10 rounds? Last year I was told I had to start with a 10rd mag, then I could switch to the drum.

I asked earlier.... if there was anything to be learned from running the drum.... that is the type of thing I was asking about.....

Best to start with or switch to......

don't know what happened to the post.....

Great runs!

Great work with the sidearm, what are you shooting there?

My first 3gun is April 5th, can't wait!!

10 round limit is USPSA only. These matches use International Multi-gun style rules and Open is truely open. I will be using the drum at SMM3G this week, it is allowed there without restriction. I will also being using it in Trooper division at the Ironman 3 Gun in June, and at Fort Benning in December.

I shoot a Glock 34 with X200 and Warren/Sevigny Sights.

I asked earlier.... if there was anything to be learned from running the drum.... that is the type of thing I was asking about.....

Best to start with or switch to......

don't know what happened to the post.....

I posted this in the competition forum as well, you replied there http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry336575

Starting with them in the gun is the only way to use them IMHO. Most stages we encounter are less than 20 rounds so it makes a reload generally unnecessary. This is where the drum shines and is well worth its price.

Carrying spare drums is impractical, they are size inefficient for the number of rounds they carry and unwieldy (comparatively) to get into the gun. When reloads are required, if there isn't movement giving me time to stow the drum in my dump pouch and I have to throw spent mags on the ground I'd be more reluctant to use the drum. I don't want to abuse something that costs $260, even though it could probably take it. It's easier for me to justify replacement of magazines than the drum, so I want to make sure it's service life is as long as possible. I may have a Neoprene cover made for it so I can throw it on the ground without hesitation.

Edited by SinistralRifleman
I posted this in the competition forum as well, you replied there http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry336575

Do'h!!! STUPID MOD!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

(Now that's funny, right there......)

I'm gonna take a few days off now.......

Using my Saiga-12 at the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun Match 2009. The gun with the drum worked great. I wasn't at my best shooting wise, I forgot to engage some targets or simply didn't see them once the clock went off. Shooting the match all in one day with the ROs is more fun, but certainly harder.