DPH tri rail system

It does not appear that this will fit my Saiga 12 in any way. I had a gunsmith friend look at it also just to make sure I was not missing something obvious. It looks like it would need to be modified a good bit to fit. Is it just me or has anyone else had a problem?

It's a tight fit but it shouldn't need any mods except maybe a slight adjustment to the screw hole like DrWho said. Did you use the little key that goes into the receiver first? What exactly is the problem?

All the instruction sheet that came with it had was a line drawing. I took the OEM hand guard off and cannot get the railed one to either go past the gas block, or fit over the barrel. Is there something else I need to do?

All the instruction sheet that came with it had was a line drawing. I took the OEM hand guard off and cannot get the railed one to either go past the gas block, or fit over the barrel. Is there something else I need to do?

hit it with rubber mallet.

i had same problem.

dont worry, you probably wont hurt it..

• 1 month later...

It is a tight fit, that is for sure. I like the way it feels really solid once installed.

To get mine to fit, I had to sand a tiny tiny bit of material off of the little block that goes inside of the receiver:

IMG_8283-1.jpg

Once I did that, I pounded the shit out of it with a rubber mallet. Don't be scared, it's an AK!

IMG_8284-1.jpg

Let us know how it works out!

It is a tight fit, that is for sure. I like the way it feels really solid once installed.

To get mine to fit, I had to sand a tiny tiny bit of material off of the little block that goes inside of the receiver:

IMG_8283-1.jpg

Once I did that, I pounded the shit out of it with a rubber mallet. Don't be scared, it's an AK!

IMG_8284-1.jpg

Let us know how it works out!

Drilled the hole out a little and then used a mallet to get the key in to the reciever that worked.. Working on fitting my MD20 at the moment..

Edited by MotorCity

Be careful pounding it in.....you dont want the block that goes into the receiver to bow in. As was mentioned earlier, sand off a tiny bit on the block until it fits with very little pressure and then simply TAP it into the receiver.

scott

Be careful pounding it in.....you dont want the block that goes into the receiver to bow in. As was mentioned earlier, sand off a tiny bit on the block until it fits with very little pressure and then simply TAP it into the receiver.

scott

Didn't have to pound on it.. just lightly tapped it into position.. The Rail looks very nice and as it has been mentioned already.. It feels very solid. It looks awesome with the Cobra upper hand guard installed as well..

I just need to order the rest of my parts to do the full conversion now.

I was at the gun show today and picked up a new in the box DPH tri rail for $95.00. The dealer had it marked at $100.00 but I had cash and he bit. I got to say this tri rail is ROCK SOLID on my S12. It was a bitch to put on as stated above. A bit of rubber mallet work got it on and no fitting was needed. I did have to just open the screw hole a tad with a round jewelers file but that was it. My only beef with it was the HALF DOZEN CUTS the thing gave me while installing it. I need some rail panels now to save the rest of my fingers. :haha:

I was at the gun show today and picked up a new in the box DPH tri rail for $95.00. The dealer had it marked at $100.00 but I had cash and he bit. I got to say this tri rail is ROCK SOLID on my S12. It was a bitch to put on as stated above. A bit of rubber mallet work got it on and no fitting was needed. I did have to just open the screw hole a tad with a round jewelers file but that was it. My only beef with it was the HALF DOZEN CUTS the thing gave me while installing it. I need some rail panels now to save the rest of my fingers. :haha:

Glad you like it.....Where was your show and who was the dealer?

Scott

Glad you like it.....Where was your show and who was the dealer?

Scott

Suncoast Gun Show in Fort Myers, Florida. I did not get the guy's name. Looked like he was selling off his own private collection. Lots of 1911s and wheel guns, a few shottys and two AKs.

I modified the rails to accept the Knight's rail panels. I just used some Alumi Hide to touch up the places I Dremeled. I will try to get a few pics up soon. The bandaids on my fingertips are making typing hard. LOL. :P

Edited by RABIDFOX50