Thoughts on the North American Arms Black Widow

Well, as a owner of a .22 LR mini version. -_-

Maybe if the rabbit/grouse sits still long enough for you to jam it into their eye-socket first before pulling the trigger. :wacko:

If I had the choice between a brick and a NAA mini revolver for hunting either... :blush:

Seriously, fun gun to shoot, but the sights on it suck.

I have 2 of the NA .22 Mag minis.........Have both cylinders for both, .22LR & .22 Mag.............

One is the standard tiny one, and the other is a "Black Widow"....2" barrel and an enlarged grip.....

Either of them is good for what it is............a belly gun.

Good to take when you can't carry anything else.........

post-3950-1239150652.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E

NAA actually makes the Mini-Mag revolvers in 4" and 6" barrels, too.........

The Black Widow (2") will hit at any range you can hit with any other 2"-barrelled handgun.........

An effective deterrent, too......... :smoke:

Edited by Jeaux E
I'd advise looking for a High Standard Derringer. They're double action, and therefore better than any other derringer. Two shots, bang bang.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults...words=derringer

I actually own one of the High Standard derringers...........Although, it's about twice the size of the Black Widow, and carries 3 less rounds.........

All of the old High Standard .22's were great........Sport Kings, Field Kings.......... managed to pick up 5 of them in prime condition over the years....................

I have a High Standard Model 10B Bullpup 12 gauge made around 1975. Wow that thing is still ahead of its time! Oh, I do have a .38special derringer I picked up by Excam that has never given me trouble ever. Goes boom every time and throws out an ok accuracy larger round. The sights are a joke though. Hitting a bunny with that is like farting in the wind...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a NAA .22 LR, and I would reccomend to get the fold up plastic case that replaces the grips. It folds up and looks kind of like a pager. When you unfold it, the case becomes a pretty good size grip that makes holding the pistol a LOT easier. I had to order a new mainspring for mine. I took it to my gunsmith and he said it was pretty rare for them to break actually. Like Gaddis said, you'd better make sure the varmint stays "Veewwy Qwuiet".lol. It's made for a small back up pistol - not hunting IMHO. The fold up plastic case also has a clip for attatching it to your boot, belt, pocket etc. http://www.naaminis.com/lr_custcry.html Also, I would think about getting the Magnum because you can change cyl. and barrels (have to send to the factory) but the .22 LR fit the grip/holster plastic thing better.