Which mag to purchase for my saiga 12?

Well, I searched the forum and there are so many choices for mags.

I'm looking for high-cap mags... looking for some stick mag and perhaps drum as well.

Which one should I get?

One?... Shit man, buy all of'em! :rolleyes:

No, really, seriously... Buy as many as you can of various capacity, 8 & 10 rnd mags seem to be the favorites.

I have the Russkie 5 rnd mag.

For stick mags, I decided to go with Surefire, I bought, 1 x 2rnd (hunting), 3 x 10rnd, 2 x 12rnd mags, I also bought a MD20 drum.

I'll probably acquire 3 more 10 rnd mags, and another a MD20-Drum.

Some folks say, "Don't buy more than you can reasonably carry.", but I say, "If your defending a position, you can't have too many preloaded mags!"

Also, speculate, buy as many as you can, keep some for personal use and leave the rest bagged for resale, they will be worth a fortune should the (insert derogatory name) ever re-institute the AWB.

Well, I searched the forum and there are so many choices for mags.

I'm looking for high-cap mags... looking for some stick mag and perhaps drum as well.

Which one should I get?

One?... Shit man, buy all of'em! :rolleyes:

No, really, seriously... Buy as many as you can of various capacity, 8 & 10 rnd mags seem to be the favorites.

I have the Russkie 5 rnd mag.

For stick mags, I decided to go with Surefire, I bought, 1 x 2rnd (hunting), 3 x 10rnd, 2 x 12rnd mags, I also bought a MD20 drum.

I'll probably acquire 3 more 10 rnd mags, and another a MD20-Drum.

Some folks say, "Don't buy more than you can reasonably carry.", but I say, "If your defending a position, you can't have too many preloaded mags!"

Also, speculate, buy as many as you can, keep some for personal use and leave the rest bagged for resale, they will be worth a fortune should the (insert derogatory name) ever re-institute the AWB.

Are AGP mags any good? What do you think of the Alliance Armament drum?

Are AGP mags any good? What do you think of the Alliance Armament drum?
AGP, a lot of folks here swear by them, yes, they are good mags, as are Surefire.

Key difference is (CMIIW), AGP has re-enforced the feed lips with steel inserts, see the 'Magazine X-Ray' thread, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...37889&st=30

MD's 20rnd drum... Awesome, I can't say enough good things.

Mine took a VERY minor fitting, and has performed flawlessly.

I'll likely buy another.

Newbie here. I just bought my S12 and was going to ask the same question. So from what I can gather AGP and surefire 10-rd stick mags fit and function w/ no mods. or other homemade remedies?? I got (2) 10rd. promags for free from the dealer and they don't even fit in the gun.

We can all breathe easy for a little while. The Chairman made a statement a few days ago that he was not going to pursue a new AWB. Take it for what it's worth. :unsure:

thanks for the great info?

how about promags?

are they any good?

I wouldn't buy a Promag, too many problems reported with'em.

I'm 100% satisfied with my Surefires and MD20 drum, I might buy a few AGPs, to try out, they are very well respected by many.

I got 2 10 round AGP magazines and no problems so far. I have 4 Surefire 12 round magazines again no problems. 3 20 round MD arms drums and you should see the look on peoples faces at the range when I pull them out and plow through 20 rounds in less than ten seconds. The only thing I can say is just because it does or does not work for some one else does not mean you will get the same result. I read about all the problems with AGP magazines after I had already ordered 2 of them and was ready to cancel my order. Glad I didn't I haven't had a problem with them yet. And yes mike's drums are a beast. Do your self a favor and get one before they get regulated, you will be glad you did.

I love my Surefire mags and my AGPs. I got the Surefires cheap and were the 12 round size, however I cut them down to 8 rounders. Not one failure with them so far. I also have the two AGP 10 rounders. Same thing, no problems. I was going to pick up a pair of Promags but there are too many threads about how bad they are. I may just get more Surefires and AGPs.

• 1 month later...