Almost disaster

I Was out shooting the S12 today, and it double fed somehow......out of pure random chance i decided to check it before i fired. If i pulled the trigger, i don't even know what could've happened as there were 2 rounds in there. Does anyone know how this could've possibly happened, i'm about to take it apart to have a look at it but i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Well that's really not a dangerous situation then. If the bolt's that far back, the hammer will not be able to go forward. Don't worry, nothings gonna blow up.

+1. It wasn't as bad as you thought.

+2 Ditto

What mag are you using. Or did you hand/manually load into chamber 1st rd, then bolt not all the way forward, cycled 2nd rd. Just been here working action. Bolt wont came back if not fired, unless manually. Take it first shell was empty, didn't extract, bolt picked up 2nd rd and sort of popped up in alignment. Like others stated, won't fire. Got some really short cased #4 waterfowl loads, and I had to work at it to make it happen. :smoke:

It MIGHT be possible with a REALLY dirty extractor that it didn't seat forward enough to catch the first round's rim, then left it in the chamber. If you eased the bolt forward, that could happen too. AK based firearms don't like being handled so lightly. They prefer you to "get rough" and let the bolt slam shut.

Just a thought.

Corbin