2nd Ammendment poll by USA Today

Technically everyone should vote NO. Its a trick question.

2nd Amendment doesn't "give" us any rights. The right to own firearms is already ours. 2nd Amendment is the protector of that right.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Guys, it doesn't really matter. King Barry and "H"is minions will not directly attack the meaning of the 2nd Amendment.. the recent ruling by the Supreme Court against DC's gun ban would be too difficult to overcome.

What they'll do is portray everything but deer rifles and 6-shooters as "assault weapons", and ban those. Same shit as they pulled in '94, but this time even more draconian and with no sunset.

Guys, it doesn't really matter. King Barry and "H"is minions will not directly attack the meaning of the 2nd Amendment.. the recent ruling by the Supreme Court against DC's gun ban would be too difficult to overcome.

What they'll do is portray everything but deer rifles and 6-shooters as "assault weapons", and ban those. Same shit as they pulled in '94, but this time even more draconian and with no sunset.

I used to think the same way, but he doesn't have the votes in congress. Simple as that. There are to many populist western-state democrats who are up for reelection in the the next cycle. I would not count on an assault weapons ban, more likely a restriction on magazine capacity and a cut off of foreign ammunition.

As for the poll, its not a real random sample but rather people self selecting to take it. It might as well be 100% pro 0% against. USA Today really doesn't run accurate polls...

Edited by bigsal

I'd like to have a word with that 3 percent ;-)

Actually, it's kind of funny. I have a couple (non-gun-owning) friends who thought an assault weapons ban would be a good thing. When I told them I have an AK, they gasped. But, all it took was one trip to the range with my Saiga to free their minds. It's just like selling something: you gotta put the product in their hands. I did, and they believed!