Gun City orders

Has anyone here bought 8 rd magazines from the gun shop in New Zealand- Gun City ?

Were there any custom delays if you had?

Planning on ordering the saiga magwell as well as some magazines for a combined discounted price. Just like to know what to expect.

Thanks

red

Has anyone here bought 8 rd magazines from the gun shop in New Zealand- Gun City ?

Were there any custom delays if you had?

Planning on ordering the saiga magwell as well as some magazines for a combined discounted price. Just like to know what to expect.

Thanks

red

Let us know when you get them. I may order some as well.

T talked with them on the phone as there is no shipping added when you check out. The shipping is quoted separatey I suppose. At any rate they make it clear that there was no guaranteee that your items would make it past customs and the loss would be entirely on you. I was not impressed with the service they offered so I went back to Rusmilitiary. Overall I found them to be singularly unhelpful. Let us know if your experience is better.

hi i got a russian hand guard with rail from them with no problems Wouldent bother with the magwell i heard it is made of some sort of plastic anyway there is a company on this forum that makes a magwell and converts mags to fit his nane is Jack Travers he is with JT Engeneering i think? his magwell i believe is far superior He is the one that told me not to bother with the russian one

I recently purchased a Russian magwell and 2 magwell 8 round mags from them, everything arrived in about 10 days from the time I hit 'buy now' til I opened the mailbox.

They passed through customs in the same box, mags completely assembled.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

yea, they are one of my local gun shops, but i try to only buy ammo (pretty good prices) and things i just can't find elsewhere these days, their service in general is crap in my experience and they just don't really seem to know what they are talking about most of the time, it's just about the hard sell.

They do stock some interesting things that no one else does, but you pay a premium for them.

I have one of the russian mag wells, it's pretty solid and fits well/really easy to install. The mags for them are also very solid and feed well, but then for $249 NZD, they should!

John

I just ordered a 8 rounder over the phone today. $20us shipping. The guy I spoke to was pretty helpful, said it would ship today and also that it should take about 2 weeks to get to the southeastern US.

Also, I just checked my e-mail and saw this:

We don't agree to ship these overseas until you guarantee us that you have legal right to import it and that you accept any loss that may occur with Customs clearance your end. They will be shipped as "Alloy Moderator" with true value declared.

Please let me know if this suits you and I will go ahead with the order.

Regards,

Lily Tipple

Should be ok to get through customs. I don't imagine that there would be anything that would cause them to cease it. I do think that it was a nice courtesy for them to send the e-mail, even if it was SOP. We will see though.

Edited by 0811Mike
I just ordered a 8 rounder over the phone today. $20us shipping. The guy I spoke to was pretty helpful, said it would ship today and also that it should take about 2 weeks to get to the southeastern US.

Also, I just checked my e-mail and saw this:

We don't agree to ship these overseas until you guarantee us that you have legal right to import it and that you accept any loss that may occur with Customs clearance your end. They will be shipped as "Alloy Moderator" with true value declared.

Please let me know if this suits you and I will go ahead with the order.

Regards,

Lily Tipple

Should be ok to get through customs. I don't imagine that there would be anything that would cause them to cease it. I do think that it was a nice courtesy for them to send the e-mail, even if it was SOP. We will see though.

Hmmmmm... I wouldn't trust my money to something which is, IMHO, ***improperly*** labeled/declared going thru Customs.

If I worked Customs and was checking that particular package and noticed that discrepancy, your shit would be confiscated.

And I'll second the above question... These are 8 rounds or the 7 rounds, as shown onthe website?

I will tell you what, I ordered the items on Sunday night 5-17-09 CST and today there is a notice that was left by the post office. From New Zealand !

I ordered the magwell as well as 3 Russian 8's

I will let you guys know more when I know more.

Everything came assembled. There was no funny business of incorrectly declaring the contents, just a correct rewording of them

I found them very professional in the handling of transaction.

For those of you looking for russian items that only a few have and sell, or anything else that they sell for that matter, give them a try.

Companies that stock items can cost more then those who do not, due to the cost of having something in inventory ( more then likely the items are paid for ) and the cost of warehousing. But I am not in the retailing business, thats just my own personal thought.

Like I said I would do it again.

Edited by red_cedar
Everything came assembled. There was no funny business of incorrectly declaring the contents, just a correct rewording of them

For those of you looking for russian items that only a few have and sell, or anything else that they sell for that matter, give them a try.

Companies that stock items can cost more then those who do not, due to the cost of having something in inventory ( more then likely the items are paid for ) and the cost of warehousing. But I am not in the retailing business, thats just my own personal thought.

Daaaaamn, four days (4), that was pretty phuking fast shipping from NZ, what with processing at US Customs, especially after a two week time estimate... Schweet!

Alloy Moderator... That is pretty funny, thats the PC correct rewording for a magazine, eh? :rolleyes:

Daaaaamn, four days (4), that was pretty phuking fast shipping from NZ, what with processing at US Customs, especially after a two week time estimate... Schweet!

Alloy Moderator... That is pretty funny, thats the PC correct rewording for a magazine, eh? :rolleyes:

Mine when out labeled ' Nylon Parts'

Too bad we can't order the Vepr 12 from there and reword it to saiga12 IZ109

They would prob ship it as a saiga for you-remember that this guy guy has no respect for US law.

The 7 shot mags are 8 shot with a plug

Mine when out labeled ' Nylon Parts'

Nylon parts... Yeah, no funny business.

Hmmmm... Didn't they say they would ship as Alloy Moderators, perhaps that funny business is now recognized by US Customs.

You took a big chance with your money, gambled and won, fair enough.

That shipping/customs time is still amazing.