Wolf brand shotgun shells

I was surfing the ammo sites last night, looking to replenish what we shot off at Cobra's yesterday. As we all know, prices are high and some items are "out of stock."

I wanted to try the Hornaday TAP, but every site I looked at was sold out. I found some more Centurion and Brenneke, so I ordered some, then I found some more Winchester Military Grade buckshot, which was listed at a pretty reasonable price.

Then, I stumbled onto the Wolf brand "power" 12 gauge shells. Are these any good? The price from Midway was $4.89 for five. I ordered a few just to try them, but are they decent? Are they good for shooting jugs (not "our" Juggs) but not something you would keep in your home defense stash, or are they totally up to par for any use? They pitch them as "made in Germany" which I found rather interesting. I guess they think that make them sound more "european crafted" or something like that.

WJ

I bought a case of the Wolf buckshot a few years back to run in my USAS-12 because of the cheap cost. They are much longer than 2 3/4" due to the way they crimp (roll crimp) the ends, and would not work in my drum. I thought I was going to have to shoot them all in my Mossy until I got my S-12. They will NOT fit the MD20 drum, but fit the other mags fine. They are good ammo with plenty of punch. I still have a BUNCH of them left, but am working on using them up.

the slugs always worked fine in my gun.

the #8's however, get eaten now that the gun is well worn at the breech.

Wolf is made in russia, germany, as well as spain, btw

I shoot Wolf 00-buck and really like the stuff for the price. It groups nicely with very few erratic flyers. My only complaint is that it is much dirtier than American Shells. The see-through shells and wolf picture on the ends looks cool too!

• 2 weeks later...

I've shot 2 or 3 deer using the Wolf Slugs and been very satisfied with the performance. They tear big, nasty wound channels and break bones quite well, damage-wise they are comparable to Brenneke's. My only issue with them is that my S-12 doesn't seem to shoot them as accurately as my other shorter barrel shotty's (I have a Chinese 1887 Replica, and a Winchester 1300 that shoot the Wolfs like a laser-beam), my S12 shoots Federal Accu-ball slugs in one hole at 50 yards, the Wolf Couldn't compare. But for the money, I still rate Wolf Slugs a solid "BUY!"(I bought a bunch when they were $2.00 a box).