Pics of Saiga x39's in California

New to this forum and Saigas. Im behind enemy lines in Ca and have a chance to pick up a Saiga x39 on a trade. Just curious to see some Ca examples. Im also curious how these shoot / feel in stock mode? I hate leaving any firearm stock, but not sure I like the idea of dancing around with 922r issues. Im thinking the Saiga would be a nice addition to my only other x39, a 53 Russian SKS. Any suggestions and or pics is appreciated.

My California Saiga, before and after, keeping compliance with CA laws on hicap mags and "evil" features:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Wood is the only way to go! Who said you can't have cool guns in CA. Just follow the rules.

I suppose you can have fairly cool guns in the PRC, ("Peoples'" Republic of California). However, you can have a lot cooler, (and more true to original design), guns in any number of states to the east of the PRC. I find "Monsterman Grips" to be a fairly sad product, since they wouldn't exist if your state had laws that were even close to Constitutional. I know that none of us in the US are able to utilize the 2nd Amendment in the way it was intended at this point, but the PRC's and a few other states' laws are absolutely ridiculous. Fuck "the rules" you refer to. They were written by ignorant Statist authoritarians in defiance of our nation's Constitution. :evil:

While I agree that Monster Man grips and the like, are fuglier than hell.............I wouldn't say the products themselves are sad. It's sad that there is such a need for these products. Sad that politicians make legal gun owners bend over backwards to adhere to useless laws that do NOTHING to curb crimes committed with firearms.

Props to the guy who made Monster Man grips, and other similar products. It's things like that, that let people in places like CA have some sort of freedom.

That's my take on it, anyhow.

New to this forum and Saigas. Im behind enemy lines in Ca and have a chance to pick up a Saiga x39 on a trade. Just curious to see some Ca examples. Im also curious how these shoot / feel in stock mode? I hate leaving any firearm stock, but not sure I like the idea of dancing around with 922r issues. Im thinking the Saiga would be a nice addition to my only other x39, a 53 Russian SKS. Any suggestions and or pics is appreciated.

My California Saiga, before and after, keeping compliance with CA laws on hicap mags and "evil" features:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Is that the "Nato stock" you put on the back.. how does it compare weightwise to the original??

Wood is the only way to go! Who said you can't have cool guns in CA. Just follow the rules.

I suppose you can have fairly cool guns in the PRC, ("Peoples'" Republic of California). However, you can have a lot cooler, (and more true to original design), guns in any number of states to the east of the PRC. I find "Monsterman Grips" to be a fairly sad product, since they wouldn't exist if your state had laws that were even close to Constitutional. I know that none of us in the US are able to utilize the 2nd Amendment in the way it was intended at this point, but the PRC's and a few other states' laws are absolutely ridiculous. Fuck "the rules" you refer to. They were written by ignorant Statist authoritarians in defiance of our nation's Constitution. :evil:

The rules are the rules, ya I guess you can say "Fuck" the rules, but a monsterman grip keeps my azz outta prison.

I understand that states east of Cali have better laws, could I move? Hell ya I could, but that would be the bitches way out, FUCK THAT! I'll stay here, listen to people form other states bitch and moan and talk shit about our laws but guess what.....................WE HAVE CHANGED THEM, WE ARE FIGHTING THEM AND WE'RE WINNING. Remember one very important thing, we are fighting for the second amendment......for the entire United States.

I just spent 2 days at a gun show in San Jose answering questions, explaining how and why these rifles are 100% legal. 2 days out of my own time on fathers day weekend because there is a greater cause. Fighting for the R.K.B.A. for everyone, even those people who talk shit and bad mouth us here in California, or even worse, refuse to ship us legal guns because they want to "punish " us for living here. W.T.F.???? If someone is a lazy fuck then just admit to it and fuck off, but the only way to fight back is to get as many AK's, AR's, and all types of black rifles into the state.

BTW to Bvamp, VanKiller and everyone at CGW........You guy's fucking rock!!!!! They stepped up and are shipping to California. It takes balls to break the mold and do what most refuse to.

The rules are the rules, ya I guess you can say "Fuck" the rules, but a monsterman grip keeps my azz outta prison.

I understand that states east of Cali have better laws, could I move? Hell ya I could, but that would be the bitches way out, FUCK THAT! I'll stay here, listen to people form other states bitch and moan and talk shit about our laws but guess what.....................WE HAVE CHANGED THEM, WE ARE FIGHTING THEM AND WE'RE WINNING. Remember one very important thing, we are fighting for the second amendment......for the entire United States.

I just spent 2 days at a gun show in San Jose answering questions, explaining how and why these rifles are 100% legal. 2 days out of my own time on fathers day weekend because there is a greater cause. Fighting for the R.K.B.A. for everyone, even those people who talk shit and bad mouth us here in California, or even worse, refuse to ship us legal guns because they want to "punish " us for living here. W.T.F.???? If someone is a lazy fuck then just admit to it and fuck off, but the only way to fight back is to get as many AK's, AR's, and all types of black rifles into the state.

BTW to Bvamp, VanKiller and everyone at CGW........You guy's fucking rock!!!!! They stepped up and are shipping to California. It takes balls to break the mold and do what most refuse to.

Exactly! Just a few years ago basically all AR & AK style rifles were considered illegal. I remember wanting to purchase an AK nearly a decade ago, but giving up after finding out you would actually need to get a California machine gun permit for a semi-auto AK (They don't really even issue the permits anyway, and are just a requirement so they can say you DON'T have one when you are busted). Today all AR & AK type rifles are LEGAL as long as your receiver isn't specifically on the banned list by make AND model - plus Schwarzenegger just in 06 signed a law banning the State Attorney General from adding any new AR & AK's to the list, so all new models from 07 on out are all legal in Cali and would actually require new legislation to add them to any banned list (plus I am pretty sure that the Attorney General never updated the list since around 2000 anyway when it was established). That is a lot of progress in just a few years.

I frequently get asked about my rifles and I enjoy explaining why they are legal. "Is that an assault weapon?" I'm usually asked. Getting information out on how to legally own an AK or other black rifles is a major key to bringing the laws in Cali more in line with the rest of the country IMO. But just leaving because there are better places to live gun wise is just giving up, which is sad seeing how much progress has been made.

Ohh, and here is another pic of my rifle I just took while shooting yesterday. I just installed that 25mw laser sight (supposedly a good one that some of our brave soldiers in Iraq are even using) and have a 10/30 mag I recently built. Is this gun a "cool" gun or a "fairly cool" gun? I guess that is up to you.

post-16954-1245712102_thumb.jpg

Edited by stix213
Saiga 7.62x39

Shortened factory stock

Ultimak

Aimpoint Micro

Bulgy FSB + 74 brake

Dinzag handguard retainer

K-Var handguard

Vickers 2pt sling

DinZag bullet guide

DinZag FCG

US piston

Blackjack Buffers safety lever

All work done by me in my garage! I have a registered AR-15 "assault weapon" but the Saiga can go with me anywhere, unrestricted.

saiga_v6.jpg

luckily i live in tx where we can do whatever we want to whatever we want but i really want to build my saiga like this one it looks clean kinda socomish i would just add a front vertical grip