HELP MY GUN WONT LOAD BULLET/STOCK MAG

couple things -

when I bought mine the guy said it had been altered to accept milsurp mags without a bullet guide. what they do is file a ramp onto the chamber so the rounds slide up and in. I didn't know at the time and have mixed feelings but I haven't installed my guide yet and it cycles fine. You can see the ramp in one of his pics

also, it's an AK! Pull it back, let it go and you'll be amazed. you won't ram fire it if no one screwed with your gun and it's still factory. To be safe though, aim about 5-10 feet ahead of you towards the ground. just let it rip, they are designed to be forcibly shoved into the chamber. you can't apply more force to it that it'll apply to itself when you fire it.

you need to read. Read everything you can. It's clear you're new to guns and that's cool, I'm still somewhat new too, the key is to just read tons and figure out what true.

LET HER RIP! it's a sweet gun, after conversion it'll be a damn sweet gun. treat it with respect and a HEALTHY fear. don't be petrified and too scared to use it, but you need a healthy understanding and fear or how lethal it can be.

Seems like people could not wait to FRY "The Pun1sher" for posting a photo of an unconverted Saiga 223 with a 30 round mag in it in the 223 photo section.

Now "Xbox360" posts a photo on an unconverted 7.62 with a 30 round mag inserted and just a small mention on it being illegal and tons of help.

Everyone should be treated the same on this forum, Fry some and PAMPER some, Huuuuuuuuuum, does not seem fair.

Not everyone is as knowledgeable as others and we come to this site for help and comradery.

I was testing the difference in the mags..... non of them cycle right, I have my converions parts I am converting this week or next... I have fixxed the problem already

What brand of US mags are you using??? Promag and Surefire are the only US mags that will work without a bullet guide, from what I understand...

Thermold no bullet guide needed. thats why I got it. I dont want to mess around with bullets guides at this time

xbox360, the AK is made to forcibly strip the cartridge from the magazine and slam it into battery, being rough with it helps it go in when dirty. If you pull the charging handle to the rear, just let it go and the weapon will feed perfectly. Keep in mind that the rifle you own is a very rugged machine, it was designed to withstand tremendous pressure and abuse. Do not be afraid to be rough with your AK.

Maybe gun ownership is something that you should reconsider. You might want to look into a new hobby, something less stressful (and dangerous) like collecting assorted lints and buttons.

Had a similar thought while reading this thread. It's great that the internet has made hobbies like ours more accesible, but it's clearly not for everyone.

Honestly after reading just a few posts, I was about to ask if you if you were trying to force feed 7.62 x 39 ammo down the throat of a .223....

:eek:

xbox you really do need to slow it down about ten speeds and do some reading. A LOT OF READING. You should not be shooting...much less trying to convert a weapon that you don't even know the names of all the parts to...especially if you are afraid of it.

Honestly after reading just a few posts, I was about to ask if you if you were trying to force feed 7.62 x 39 ammo down the throat of a .223....

xbox you really do need to slow it down about ten speeds and do some reading. A LOT OF READING. You should not be shooting...much less trying to convert a weapon that you don't even know the names of all the parts to...especially if you are afraid of it.

[/thread]

Exactly what I was thinking.

This kind of thread helps the anti's. Without experience or a steadying influence, xbox is a disaster looking for a place to happen. Apparently there's no one among his relatives or friends who can take on a mentoring role. That's sad.

Bob

This is the kind of person that needs some IRL help like Appleseed or other CMP program to be sure. Ive a feeling theres a ton of people out there in the same fix, no mil experience, no hunting exp, and a brand new Battle Rifle.

The only program thats affordable where a person like this can at least learn safe operation and marksmanship is Appleseed and it needs help badly getting the word to these people. Training is the difference between a marksman with a useful tool and just a guy owning a gun. The latter will eventually cause no end of problems.

Just twist this around and make me look bad Thanks. I was just asking why it didnt feed correctly. I know its a Saiga it can be pushed around and beat up and its a TOUGH GUN thats one of the reasons I bought this because its WAY cheaper than a M4/AR-15/M16. I DIDNT WANT IT "SLAM" FIREING and "HURTING ME". Thats why I asked for advice on this gun because this is forums for helping other people :) and somehow this got turned around and make me look like a retarded moron. I shoot shotguns and other guns and I am not scared of those. IMO shotguns are more dangerours than 7.62x39 because theres tons of little pellets that can BLAST your leg off, 7.62x39 will cut your bone off but not your whole leg.

Edited by xbox360

Dude....no one is trying to make you look bad or like a moron....I come here every day and help people with their questions about these guns. Lots of others do too.

The problem is, you are obviously very new to self loading rifles like this, and you really do need to educate yourself on them more before you jump in head first and start messing around with them. The same is true for everything in life. How old are you anyway?

When you post on gun forum, and you use terminology like this....(nevermind the horrible spelling, that's not my point...)

Ok so I got my new 30 round mag (AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T CALL IT A CLIP) , I filed down the magizine edge (what edge?) and it now fits in my gun[I DID NOT FILE NOTHING OFF MY GUN]. I went to test it out [cycle the bullets] (Dude they are not called "bullets", they are cartridges, or shells...) and It didnt load fully it into the chamber It sits there but doesnt go in all the way :unsure: I dont have a bullet guide. . I even tryed my stock mag it did the same thing. am I not cocking it right? I pull it back and slowly let it go forward. Or am I suppost to let it slam forward to push the bullet in the barrel? (YES, that's what everyone has been trying to tell you but you don't seem to want to hear that) I am unsure with doing that because the hammer pin is on the bullet and I dont want it to shoot off with the chamber open and the gas come in my face (It's called a "FIRING PIN"...and if it "shoots off" with the bolt open you will get more than just gas in your face...) , as you can see in the first picture the bolt carrier thing is open a inch or so I can see the bullet inside[its loaded but wont go in the chamber all the way and wont close], sorry didnt get a pic of the bullet.

I have not converted it yet I am awaiting on my Pistol grip. no bullet guide is installed. [~~30ROUND MAG IS MADE IN THE USA~~]

so what should I do? return it? [idk if you can] I dont want to shoot it... can I let the bolt/hammer thing slam into the bullet might push it into the chamber or will it go off? (Dude really....listen to yourself here...) if I got the bullet in the chamber [ready to fire] how do I get it out without shooting. Really not a good idea to shoot such a big weapon. though its not much different than a shotgun? shotgun shells are bigger... ( :rolleyes: )

I will go get some more pics stay here :)

Seriously though, you just need to pull the bolt back all the way and let it go. They weren't meant to be babied forward.

I understand that but I dont want it FIREING OFF because I installed the hammer pin wrong after reasmbly, (Ummm...more of the same..) I will post pics now looky

the first 1 is hand loaded but I did not push it any more because it felt tight[i am guessing if I pushed it I cant get it out because its ready for firing] but it looks just like that when I have my mag in and the bolt pin thing just sits on it (Please at least read up on the weapon and learn what that "bolt pin thing" is and what it does...) I am babying the bolt carry not slaming it. also notice the bullet in the 3rd pic is a little messed up the barrel did that I think. I droped the bullet on the ground a few times OPPS

(Not trying to be a smartass but damn... :rolleyes: )

DSCF6586.jpg

DSCF6588.jpg

DSCF6589.jpg

DSCF6590.jpg

And to answer your question about how the "bullet" can be removed from the chamber if it doesn't "shoot off"...the bolt has a thing called an extractor built into it. It's the claw like thing that grabs the rim of the case and pulls it out when you retract the bolt by pulling back on the charging handle.

Not trying to make you look bad at all. Every one has to learn somewhere and most learn this type rifle in the military or a gun organization. If you put away your ego like we all had to do theres a wealth of things to learn and enjoy. Theres nothing like firing a good rifle once you form a few skills. Get to an Appleseed shoot in your area you wont regret it if you bring the rifle and a willing to learn attitude. Trust me you will come away with a new appreciation for a lot of things. Good luck.

I have never had an accidental discharge with an AK happen EVER, under the circustances the OP is posting.

Further, if the gun doesnt chamber, I always whack the bolt handle with my palm with a glancing blow to force the round in, and have never had an AK go off like that, either.

If you are new to guns, the one thing I can tell ya, is to ALWAYS ALWAYS check the gun to make sure its unloaded, or unload it.

I HAVE forgotten to clear a x39 while practicing back home in the woods, when I thought I had fired every round in the last mag, and was walking back down the hill to the ammo, but didnt rack the bolt to check the action (like an idiot) and the hot barrel cooked the round off and missed going down my leg full length by about an inch. (I use a one point sling on the particular rifle, so the butt was in my armpit hanging when it went off.) It was my first AD in at least ten years or more, and havent had another since, with any firearm.

I have been shooting since I was a one digit age. I have been almost exclusively an AK shooter for what, almost ten years now, I think....

...oh, careful, n00b, these guys got fangs here! (I guess you just found that out though, huh)

Just twist this around and make me look bad Thanks. I was just asking why it didnt feed correctly. I know its a Saiga it can be pushed around and beat up and its a TOUGH GUN thats one of the reasons I bought this because its WAY cheaper than a M4/AR-15/M16. I DIDNT WANT IT "SLAM" FIREING and "HURTING ME". Thats why I asked for advice on this gun because this is forums for helping other people :) and somehow this got turned around and make me look like a retarded moron. I shoot shotguns and other guns and I am not scared of those. IMO shotguns are more dangerours than 7.62x39 because theres tons of little pellets that can BLAST your leg off, 7.62x39 will cut your bone off but not your whole leg.

I don't think anyone here is trying to make you look bad. It is just rude when you argue with people giving you free advice. Either try cycling a round the way multiple people have told you the correct way by pulling back the charging handle and letting it go, or take the rifle to a gunsmith. Just repeating your concerns again multiple times without even trying the solution people have suggested, turns this into a circular argument.

Also, the 7.62x39 is WAY more dangerous than a shotgun if handled incorrectly. I routinely vaporize fruit like apples and oranges with mine all the time... with nothing but juice left. Your leg wouldn't hold up much better... but the real danger is that with a shotgun you can blast that thing off into the air with little danger that someone a mile away is going to die from your lapse in judgement, but with this new Saiga of yours you can easily kill someone by lobbing one into a hillside by accident at a very long distance from you. You can accidentally kill someone without even seeing them with this thing.

So please, respect the awesome power of this gun. Your shotgun is a child's toy compared to this Russian military man killer designed specifically to kill as many Americans and their capitalist pig allies as possible in the WWIII that never happened. Dick Cheney can blast his friend in the face with a shotgun and they both can laugh about it later, but this is a one shot / one kill military grade weapon you just bought, so to say that it is somehow less dangerous than your shotgun really makes me worry about your respect for it.

You also mentioned you are gathering parts for a conversion... Even though I haven't done one myself, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you become an expert with shooting your gun in its stock form before doing the conversion. It seems you don't know what to expect with the normal operation of the gun as it is... That is just because you are a novice, not any knock on your intelligence, but if you aren't thoroughly familiar with how the gun works in its stock form... how do you expect to know if you have reassembled it correctly after modifying it? You'll need to know how virtually every part in that rifle does its job to have a working and safe rifle after you convert.

My 2 cents... Be safe, have fun, treat the rifle's action like the bitch slut it is to get it to do what you want (otherwise she will just say no), and if you have live ammo in your rifle please be sure no one can get hurt even a mile away from you.

Edited by stix213