Another one down

The only problem encountered thus far was that the pistol grip bolt from K-VAR was too long. Once I cut it to the proper length, the threads were not long enough to seat properly. I just used some cheap paint from Walmarty so we'll see how long it lasts. I'm pretty sure I'll have to do something different with the "Boss" brake because it didn't like it when I stuck it in the oven. Looks good for now though. I'm really liking the feel of the Tromix enhanced FCG with the reduced power mainspring.

P1040627-1.jpg

Didn't like the oven? :unsure: What bake-on coating did you get from Wally World?

Did it warp, is it aluminum?

Is that white or a similar shade? :ph34r: Ummmm... Wrong on so many levels, just my personal taste and reasoning.

OK, something positive... Nice hand guard.

Can't comment on the reduced power mainspring, but yes, the Tromix modified FCG has had many a positive response from those who've handled my shottie.

Edited by ChileRelleno

No, no, no. The paint didn't like the oven.

It's tan (camera didn't pick it up). It matches the K-VAR tan stock and grip pretty well. I stuck it in the oven to see how it would do (not well).

Wrong on so many levels eh? To each his own. You're right in the fact that it is a nice HG though.

Was this a actual bake-on paint, or just ordinary paint/enamel?

Ordinary Kryo. Need to order some GunKote.

Why did you try to bake ordinary Krylon?

For the buzz. :P No, just to see how well it might take the heat. Like I said, not well. Just happy to have the long barrel converted. My hope is to someday Hydro-dip it. Plan to hunt ducks with it so some really good camo would be great.