half way done converting BUT STUCK

Stuck... Cant drill out the spot weld for the trigger guard [the middle one].... :( the hole is a bit bigger than needed and also its further back I didnt want to put it at th front and have the tip fal off. But I can see when I finish drilling it wont be even with the weld spot inside the gun. I just cant drill past this lol

Edited by xbox360

Go from the inside with the DREMEL to get to the CLINTON PLATE rivets...

Its not that hard and then the WHOLE plate will come off then VISE the 'plate' and gently remove the trigger guard.

Some people on here have pics of inside vs. outside removal.

Patience and take a break from it... Have a glass of wine or beer and sleep on it.

Here is a link to a pic with the GUARD still on the 'CLINTON PLATE'

Trigger Guard on Plate Pic.

He went from the outside but you can get to the rivets from the inside with a dremel like tool.

Use COBOLT bits.... Thats all I hear on here.

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

wait nvm I dont have to have the drill perfect on the first spot weld on the trigger guard. :P its not into the recver :D !!! Thank God. I dont have to worry lol... its the front screw I wont be needing that because I am not drilling a hole into the mag release/recver part. :P video showed guy not useing it. Works fine with just 1 screw in

Edited by xbox360

just get some strong bits... I didn't have a dremel to use on mine (bought a damn dremel 2 weeks later) and broke 3 bits taking off the guard..... by the time I did it all I was stupid tired and screwed up the guard, had to buy a new one.

take a break, use good bits in a powerful drill (had someone use one of those glorified screwdrivers, bout choked him out for being stupid)

just get some strong bits... I didn't have a dremel to use on mine (bought a damn dremel 2 weeks later) and broke 3 bits taking off the guard..... by the time I did it all I was stupid tired and screwed up the guard, had to buy a new one.

take a break, use good bits in a powerful drill (had someone use one of those glorified screwdrivers, bout choked him out for being stupid)

yea, these bits suck. I am getting a kobalt or something good. But did you use oil? I just let mine cool down

get some cutting oil or beeswax. It is always better with a lube!!! most metals when they are heated up beyond a certain point no longer stay as dense as they once were. I used titanium bits with cutting oil and had no problems, good luck finding beeswax! I couldn't. As you stated before cobalt would be the best bits, imo.

get some cutting oil or beeswax. It is always better with a lube!!! most metals when they are heated up beyond a certain point no longer stay as dense as they once were. I used titanium bits with cutting oil and had no problems, good luck finding beeswax! I couldn't. As you stated before cobalt would be the best bits, imo.

Burt's Bee's Wax chapstick. Located in your everyday supermarket. :rolleyes: