22 inch version, what's the difference?

Hi Guys

question:

I think I have read in a post that there is a difference between the 22 inch version & the 19 inch version? is this true?

1 The gas system holes are bigger? or smaller than the 19?

2 is there a difference in the receiver?

3 Would it still have the bolt open button?

The reasons why I ask, is due to some 22 inch saiga are selling cheaper than the 19 inch.

My intentions if I purchased the 22 inch version is to cut it down to the minimum with choke.

Need your comments

Edited by Stuart2

Stewart2- 1. ? 2. no 3. This seems to be hit or miss,maybe by manafacture date.

The S-12's come in19", 22", and24" (rare) with a full choke,a cylinder choke or external screw chokes (mainly on 19"). Also with fixed sights or an adjustable rib. Most people seem to dislike the rib.

G O B

22 inch version, what's the difference?, Need your help

bout 3 inches......................

also...depends on model#.....i.e. sights, threaded?.....

If you cut 22" down below 19" you may want to open gas ports a bit.....

If you have to ask what that means...dont cut barrel yet......ask folks who know....not me. Thats why I bought a 19"....cuz fuck it........get it out the gate correct.

Hi Guys

If I cut the barrel down I will do this through a gun smith.

Then I will ask him to thread it to another type of choke thread, than the saiga. As the saiga chokes are to hard to get. & that there is only two types to use.

Will need to think about the brand of choke to use. What ever is the most common.

Would cut it down to maybe 16 plus choke. I guess the choke would be 1.5 inch or so total 17.5

Stu

I wonder if when you order you can choose between the fixed notch sight and the adjustable rib sight. I just ordered one, and told them to give me the longer barrel... it's 22in. or 24in... I haven't measured yet. It came with a rib sight, but I'm getting used to it... I really wanted a fixed sight... I like a rifle sight on a shotgun since mine is mostly for deer hunting.