ace folder and tromix stock

There's a tiny bit of lateral movement in my Ace push-button folding mech when you grab the shotgun by the barrel with one hand, and the stock with the other and wiggle it aggressively, but only within the two parts that're hinged together, the Ace internal block doesn't move; it's nothing like what you describe. Nothing moves when I've got it shouldered and fire it. I think the lock-up on the regular Ace folding mech is supposed to be even tighter.. so no, what you're experiencing is not normal, africa.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Can you watch as you hold the reciever still an tell where the movement is? You said that the allen heads are loctited, are you positive that they were tightened all the way first? I seen someone use an Ace bock and not use all the screws before. That allowed the block to wiggle when fired.

the block is in the receiver solid, i know this because if i just have the stock in there without the folder there is 0 movement, i just took another look at it, there is definitely a lateral and horizontal wiggle in the folding mechanism, which is magnified a lot when shot. When I went out shooting, at first i thought I broke the stock, thats how much it moves.

Now with the manual folder, one doesnt have to depress it when unfolding the stock correct? You can just throw it out? Because the first few times I unfolded it there was a good amount of wear where the stock swings open,

just wondering if that could be related,

TIA

Edit, everyone loves pictures

DSCN0321.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

Edited by africamagical

Looks worn to me too. get a caliber and measurce the BLOCK wear it supposed to SIT when open. And then measure the other part that hangs and attaches to the stock. Maybe a little to much ++. May be defective. Lifetime warranty on the Ace folding mech I think..

• 3 weeks later...

Just put one on and it had the same problem. Quite a bit of play in all directions with all screws tight. Heres' why. The spring is not quite long enough (or the hole that it goes into is bored too deep) This is combined with the tightening cam surface closest to the hinge pin engaging first and only at the top letting the whole thing sort of walk around. You can send it back, but I bet the replacement will do the same thing, or fix it by tapping out the pin with a drift, putting a spacer in the spring hole, and taking some material off the edge of the cam top next to the pin. Just a little will do it. get a light behind the edge and you will see where it needs to be removed. Use a small file. It's soft alluminum so it comes off easily. Put it back together and tap the pin back. I did it and it is tight now.