Starting to worry about my SureFire mag

Went out and put 200 flawless rounds through my S12 100 through my AGP 40 through my MD20 awsome and 60 through my surefire. All mags fed flawlessly no ftf or fte but the surefire is sure wearing a lot faster than the AGP on the track area which the rim of the shell rides. Has anyone shot out a surefire mag yet? I think I am on my way of doing so!!!

Went out and put 200 flawless rounds through my S12 100 through my AGP 40 through my MD20 awsome and 60 through my surefire. All mags fed flawlessly no ftf or fte but the surefire is sure wearing a lot faster than the AGP on the track area which the rim of the shell rides. Has anyone shot out a surefire mag yet? I think I am on my way of doing so!!!

Are you talking about the follower or the feed lips?

not the top feed lips but the channel that the rim rides on below the lips.

Dont have my digi cam with me will take pics when i get home

I noticed mine wear there also, but after 400 rounds I'm confident they aren't going to wear out very soon. They just wear in then the wear slows/stops.

Edited by hobbyshooter
not the top feed lips but the channel that the rim rides on below the lips.

Dont have my digi cam with me will take pics when i get home

I noticed mine wear there also, but after 400 rounds I'm confident they aren't going to wear out very soon. They just wear in then the wear slows/stops.

+1. I have put over 500 through mine. It shows wear, but will not wear out anytime soon.

If it ever does wear too much, or you crack/chip it... May I suggest any of the JB Weld products as a quick fix... Worked for me.

Mix, apply, cure, file/sand to shape and your good to go.

If it ever does wear too much, or you crack/chip it... May I suggest any of the JB Weld products as a quick fix... Worked for me.

Chile,

Was this just a superficial chip, or was the mag modified? Curious because of the 5 year warranty and why you wouldn't pursue that? Good tip BTW.

I've got about 4 or 500 rounds through one of my Surefires. No problems yet. I'm planning on putting another 3 or 400 through it in the next few weeks, I hope. I think we're going to be going to "the pit" soon.

Corbin

Chile,

Was this just a superficial chip, or was the mag modified? Curious because of the 5 year warranty and why you wouldn't pursue that? Good tip BTW.

A good sized chip outta a floorplate, I dropped a loaded 10rnd Surefire mag onto concrete at the range.

Overfilled the area with JB, let it cure, filed/sanded, like it never happened.

I bet you could rebuild feed lips and such with it.