KA Gas puck with Gunfixer plug

I am looking to get the KA Gas Puck to make my gun 922r compliant until I can afford to convert it. I also have a cycling problem(could be ammo) and was hoping to get this fixed before my next trip to the range. Should I order Gunfixers plug also? Is it needed or should I wait till I can afford to spend the money on a drum?

Thanks

Does your gun cycle everything you want to shoot now? if so the KA puck should do the job with or without the nice fixr plug. If your gun seems to cycle too hard with any ammo setting, it will cycle slightly harder with the puck (overgassed) and the plug would help with that. Chaos makes a compliance puck that does not seem to make claims toward adding power to your cycle, so that might be better for this issue.

It also helps you keep from beating up your gun if you always shoot extra heavy ammo, and your gun tends toward over gassing.

More likely you are slightly undergassed, and the KA tappet might be enough to do the job, but the plug would still give you more control and convenience. (I think you probably have trouble with it only partially cycling the extra light cheapo shells, but it does fine with the heavy stuff)

The tappet alone did the job for me, but if the gun is very dirty with powder residue, it can FTE about 1/30 winchester universal bulk shells on #2. I am at full 100% with Federal Bulk. I might get the plug later just for that 100% and to go tool less.

The Gunfixr plug Does Not count as a compliance part.

The KA Tappet (puck) DOES count as 1 part... (the "piston")

I am very pleased with the speed of delivery, price and performance of my tappet. I have the newer style KA stainless, which came in the most awful smelling lube to keep it from staining.

I am looking to get the KA Gas Puck to make my gun 922r compliant until I can afford to convert it. I also have a cycling problem(could be ammo) and was hoping to get this fixed before my next trip to the range. Should I order Gunfixers plug also? Is it needed or should I wait till I can afford to spend the money on a drum?

Thanks

Can't go wrong with the Gunfixr plug, no matter what it is a fine accessory.

And the KA puck should, as designed, make maximum use of all gas, especially helpful for low brass loads or if slightly under gassed.

Two other accessories to contemplate, both will reduce the amount of force it takes to cycle the action.

1) http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...inspring/Detail

2) http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...r-recoil/Detail

What kind of cycling problem(s), and with what kind of ammo(s)?

Have you counted & checked the gas ports, should have at least three clear ports.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Thanks

Can't go wrong with the Gunfixr plug, no matter what it is a fine accessory.

And the KA puck should, as designed, make maximum use of all gas, especially helpful for low brass loads or if slightly under gassed.

Two other accessories to contemplate, both will reduce the amount of force it takes to cycle the action.

1) http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...inspring/Detail

2) http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...r-recoil/Detail

What kind of cycling problem(s), and with what kind of ammo(s)?

Have you counted & checked the gas ports, should have at least three clear ports.

I had an issue cycling low powered rounds. It did some okay, and had issues with others. I though I picked up Fed but bought winchester. I even had a shell that was out of spec and would not fit in in the mag tube on my 870. Next time I will get Fed.

I checked the ports before I bought, I have 3 open.

Edited by soundlzrd
I had an issue cycling low powered rounds. It did some okay, and had issues with others. I though I picked up Fed but bought winchester. I even had a shell that was out of spec and would not fit in in the mag tube on my 870. Next time I will get Fed.

Low brass seems to pose a issue with the majority of S12s, it just wasn't designed for wimpy shotshells.

Either feed it the high brass it desires... Or put the four items mentioned above on the gun, should eat pretty much anything after that.

Other things you could do, would be to add a port or enlarge current ports.

My saiga 12 fires low brass shells easy....with all stock parts, stock ports. I also have a three port gun

It didn't when I first bought it, but after loosen the carrier and bolt up, it fires fine...with stock buffer spring, stock gas plug, piston, etc

I wouldn't want to replace the buffer spring, what happens when you fire high brass ammo.

Low brass seems to pose a issue with the majority of S12s, it just wasn't designed for wimpy shotshells.

Either feed it the high brass it desires... Or put the four items mentioned above on the gun, should eat pretty much anything after that.

Other things you could do, would be to add a port or enlarge current ports.

Edited by VWBeamer

This what i did-

1.I field stripped my gun.

2.Then I took some fine metal polishing compound, used to polish Aluminum wheels, and coated the places where metal hits metal, the bolt , hammer where it hits the bolt, rails, etc . basically you are lubing the gun with the paste.

3.I reassembled the gun.

4.Then I simply cycled it by hand 75-100 times. Did while watching King of the Hill. I would not suggest firing it with paste in it.

5.Field stripped it.

6.Cleaned it it very well. This is the hardest part. Be certain you have removed all the paste.

7.Then oiled it with some break free, reassembled again.

It fires anything now ( it fires the cheap Remington target loads), and I didn't have to spend a bunch of money for high brass ammo to break it in.

If anything, it's over gassed, so I'm ordering a gas fixer plug for it now.

I wouldn't want to replace the buffer spring, what happens when you fire high brass ammo.
Buffer spring? You mean the return spring aka the recoil spring.

There are two (2) after market reduced power return/recoil springs offered at CSS.

One is for all 2 3/4" loads, good low & high brass, no 3"/Magnums.

With this one you can fire all the 2 3/4" high brass you wish.

The other is specifically for 2 3/4" low brass, no 2 3/4" - 3" high brass/magnum loads.

I installed the GF plug and the KA puck as well as the reduced power hammer spring. I opted not to install the reduced power recoil spring however. With the three parts installed and some polishing, my 3 port S12 runs like a champ. Action is nice and smooth and it even eats the Winchester crap. God I love my S12. :wub:

Thanks everyone. I think I will start with KA gas puck as it will make me compliant with my mags until I am able to spend the money on the conversion. If that does not fix things, I will order the plug. I do not want to order the plug yet, as I fear a drum will be packaged in the same box. :angel:

Thanks everyone. I think I will start with KA gas puck as it will make me compliant with my mags until I am able to spend the money on the conversion. If that does not fix things, I will order the plug. I do not want to order the plug yet, as I fear a drum will be packaged in the same box. :angel:

Best make sure that a extra back cover & spring are sitting next to the drum & plug.

Dude, the MD20 is the SCHITZ!

Edited by ChileRelleno

Thanks for everyone's help, looks like you all talked me out of my next OT check. :unsure:

Going to be interesting shooting in almost factory condition with a drum hanging off it. Next step is to slowly start buidling my parts for conversion. If I can get the gun running smoothly, I may tackle the conversion myself.