There's always the goldenrod device BUT as I am a cheap bastard I use a light bulb. Yup a plain old light bulb. I have a thermometer in the safe and tried different wattage bulbs till I arrived at the temp I wanted. Keeps the safe contents warm and dry.

can you please link me to goldenbar product, google search shows me all sorts of unrelated things.

I'm a fan of the GoldenRod as well. I have one in my safe.

After my recent move, I noticed that the closet (in my new place) is a lot more humid/moist than where I kept my safe in my last apartment. So I picked up two Eva-Dry's. It's a "rechargeable" desiccant container. You just plug it into the wall when the crystals turn from blue to pink (it doesn't stay plugged in when you're actually using it though, so you don't need any power source in/near your safe).

Remington has the same exact thing. From the looks of it, it's an Eva-Dry with a "Remington" brand on it, and it's more expensive :rolleyes: .

I picked mine up straight from the manufacturer's website, and they have free shipping. I got two of the "E-333" models (the smallest model they have) and put 1 in the safe (and am still using the GoldenRod too) and 1 in my giant tub-o-mags&ammo. If you get two, the price drops to $20/unit.

It might be a bit overkill, using both the GoldenRod and the Eva-Dry, but I'm anal about that kinda stuff.

http://evadry.com/products.html

There's always the goldenrod device BUT as I am a cheap bastard I use a light bulb. Yup a plain old light bulb. I have a thermometer in the safe and tried different wattage bulbs till I arrived at the temp I wanted. Keeps the safe contents warm and dry.

can you please link me to goldenbar product, google search shows me all sorts of unrelated things.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProd...string=10615***