The Savage Striker .22WMR Neallam Pistol

It's pretty cool, though I wonder why it is not classified an AOW like the Ruger 1022 pistol.

A 10/22 pistol is considered an AOW? I don't think that's true. If you modify a 10/22 to have only a pistol grip, it's perfectly legal and still considered a rifle(ignoring any OAL requirements I may be unaware of). If you cut the barrel shorter than 16" it's an SBR. The Ruger Charger is basically a 10/22 pistol and is a title 1 gun.

Thanks guys for the accolades.

For my next specialty pistol project I'm having a Savage Dual-Port Target Action in .308 with 17" match grade barrel assembled by a Savage Gunsmith expert named Scott Null. With that bolt-action pistol I'm looking forward to shooting sub MOA at 300 yards and beyond. No joke.

:nothing:

Edited by Gary
-- I appreciate the links... and yes, a lot of meticulous detail did go into modifying my Striker .22WMR Pistol. ;)

FWIW, this friend of mine (the guy from Alaska) is Neal Cooper.... current world record holder of the most powerful handgun in the world (no shit), which he has named "ELE." You might have seen him firing it on YouTube.com. Anyway, the guy developed his own cartridge no less, called the .338 Cooper Express. Point being, he's allegedly a major player in the wildcat cartridge world and has forgotten more about such things than I hope to ever learn. He keeps beating me up that I need to get into reloading.... but I keep telling him I'm having too much fun tinker'n around with modifying my firearms.

Hopefully the following weblink works:

:victory:

I agree, there is something very impressive about tuning every aspect of a firearm, let alone a handgun to shoot to your own specifications, especially when that specification is submoa shooting at long range. Im in the same boat you are, though, and all my firearms have to pass the walmart ammo test, as i dont reload either. Its far too much fun working on the machines themselves, and when it comes to ammo, it has to be something i can just drive down to the store and buy, or i wouldnt have enough time left to work on the guns after spending all day handloading. I saw a TC encore in 375 H&H the other day though, and i have to admit, a pistol like that would definately be alot of fun, and might be one of the best bear repellant ideas ive ever seen. Unfortunately for me, i dont have much of a grizzly problem here, so it will have to wait.

Also good for WaterBuffalo,

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/images/categ...amp;H_large.jpg

Hope to see your .308 soon, if its anywhere as pretty as the one you posted above, it should be something. Ill search for Neal Cooper when i get a chance, looks like he has all kinds of neat products then. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by ReverendFranz
... Ill search for Neal Cooper when i get a chance, looks like he has all kinds of neat products then. Thanks for sharing.

When you google 'Neal Cooper' you quickly discover there are a heck of a lot of them. :lolol: But his specific website is a shared website; he's really not into marketing or sales or production for products, etc. Experimenting with wildcat loads and producing firearms stocks is really more of a hobby or at the very most, a sideline business for him. Anyway, the following hotlink will take you to his shared website: Coop's Accuracy Limited

You'll know your at the correct website when you see a photo of my Savage Striker pistol at the top of several example stocks that he showcases within the site.

~Gary

Edited by Gary

Back from spending a few hours at the firing range this morning. I was exceptionally pleased with how my Striker .22WMR Pistol performed. But hey, you be the judge!

Savage22WMRStrikerNeallamPistolf-3.jpg

Once I got the scope zeroed, I set out to fire 12 rounds each of PMC Predator 40gr JHP, and Hornady 30gr V-Max. I think the Hornady won.... but by fractions of an inch. All shooting was performed at 100 yards.

NOTE: The inner-most white bullseye circle is exactly 1 7/8" inches in diameter for all the below pictured targets. All shooting performed for the bottom two targets (conducted today) was from the bipod with wood blocks shored/wedged underneath the stock's grip to maintain target elevation acquisition... sorry, I don't own a benchrest rig.

Here is the target I saved from 2 August 2008 when I fired my Striker pistol for the very first time, no modifications performed (OEM 10" barrel on her). I was shooting PMC Predator 40gr JHP and I didn't count the number of rounds fired (sorry)... but you can see she still shot pretty good all things considered.

Savage22WMRStrikerNeallamPistolf-2.jpg

Here is one target from today; 12 rounds of PMC Predator 40gr JHP:

Savage22WMRStrikerNeallamPistolfirs.jpg

And here is the other target; 12 rounds of Hornady 30gr V-Max:

Savage22WMRStrikerNeallamPistolf-1.jpg

As mentioned, I'm very, very pleased.... now I know that this gun essentially shoots better than I can; If I miss it is me and not the equipment.

:up:

Edited by Gary