Heres what I got brewing for my x39

My first Saiga ever (in x39) 16" is do in about July 4th... (layaway..don't ask). I am stoked. :blues: B-day is the 14th.. :)

Going to run some rounds thru it and then... Jump in with...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I figure the Tapco G2 w/retainer plate and red. pwr spring (CSS)., gas piston, and bullet guide (Dinzag) . +4 on 922r

Then the Tapco Saiga Forearm $40 +1 on 922r (total +5)

post-8775-1246133902.jpg

Then this type of Krink stock $35 from RBP (and a standard PG.) which I heard here is durable. or a K-var reg. AK stock. $$ (US Made) :unsure:

post-8775-1246198908.jpg

And I have this already laying here for $8.25 on GB. (not the greatest Mag but a start)

post-8775-1246133951_thumb.jpg

Should total out to about $160 for the conversion. Whats your opinions... Maybe a DPH 'clamp on' muzzle brake.. +$45

I have a whopping 60 rounds of Norinco (laquer) x39 here already..

-----------------------------------------------------

Or, I may just do this (like all the rest)

post-8775-1246133962.jpg

and the Tapco Forearm (as above) and be +2 for 922r and run Surefires...For starters...and save $80..

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

I was just thinking I could do just the Tapco Gas Piston for +1 on 922r, and the Tapco Stock/PG +1, and Tapco Forearm +1,... That would be +3 toward 922r...

Who am I kidding, within a month I'll have the thing chopped up. :)

Oh and since I shoot in NJ sometimes I need the 'Triangular' fixed stock as the T6 is a no-no in the PRNJ.

I'll do the Tapco Forearm first, Gas Piston, and Surefires thats +5 total on 922r and its easy from what I see.

Then I save my pennies and get the Stock and then the G2 and rest of the internals..

I'm just anxious, excuse me... I've been wanting one since 2002 when they were $199.

You won't be saving $80 bucks with that tapco stock/ grip thingy, You'll be wasting however much it costs, cause eventually you'll decide to do it the right way.

If money is an issue just keep it stock till you can afford to do it right, the best part about the conversion is the new trigger it is night and day better than the stock set up.

The Tapco forearm (+1), and a Sure Fire magazine (+3) should equal enough to get you compliant +4 US parts. Magazine counts as +3. That is what Brian at Dinzag Arms told me. The T6 stock will work, but you will have to forego that pistol grip and get another pistol grip if you move the trigger group forward. Where it is at, the trigger can be reached with no problems from the pistol grip, but, if you move it forward, other here have told me that it is now a 'stretch' to reach and will need to, and should remove that PG and get the SAW pistol grip that will put you next to the magazine.

Now someone correct me, but can he not use the T6 stock and then just replace that Pistol Grip when he does a fire control group replacement?

Personally, I did not think the OEM trigger is that bad.

You can also go to http://www.tac47industries.com/ and pick up a Stainless Steel and heat treated gas piston for good price and there is 1 more part. USA laser engraved.

Edited by Darth AkSarBen

"I'll do the Tapco Forearm first, Gas Piston, and Surefires thats +5 total on 922r and its easy from what I see.

Then I save my pennies and get the Stock and then the G2 and rest of the internals.."

I agree... I just wanted 'part' opinions. Like stock suggestions and such..

Going for the Forearm $40, Gas Piston $15, and 'bullet-guide' kit $30 = $85.

Also, orderering the Krink type 'Triangular' Stock ($35) in above picture (to have on hand).

Then when I get another $60 I will order the internals parts (FCG, retainer plate, spring) and PG.

Yeah just do it right. The fire control group and forearm will get you compliant so you can use that triangle stock and standard grip. And then you could still use milsurp mags. Ive seen them out there for $15 a piece lately.

Just paid 'off' for the rifle. Should be in next week.. YES!!!

Going to do the Tapco Fusion forearm first and use Surefires.

Then ordering the FCG, Retainer, Spings, Stock, PG, and the bulletguide.

Going to do it right the first time... Will post pics when I get it...

I got the same forearm you did (see the pictures I posted earlier today) and have really enjoyed it thus far. I like the convenience of having three rails. I certainly don't have them filled up (yet, at least ;) ) but I like having that flexibility for whatever I may get down the road. I agree with the other thoughts on the integrated pistol grip/stock. Don't waste your time with this. Go ahead and do a proper conversion. You'll probably be suprised at how easy it is to complete! You'll definately be glad when you get it done and can sit back and admire your work!

Ok I got it in today... 7 days before my Birthday.. Yeah.. Heres a cheesy pic from my phone.

Born on 12/16/2008.... With Dimples.... Extra bonus as I did not see actual rifle when I bought it. S/N H0860XXXX.

148mm / 5.8" accuracy at 100 meters... Torn it down and put it back together already (filed stripped). My first AK ever.

Now in the next week or so to order the 'restoration' parts..

post-8775-1247000833.jpg

Another member (BronCobraJet) sent me a new retainer plate for my B-day as a gift... :)

Anyone else got a extra G2 FCG they want to donate as a B-day gift feel free to PM me... :wub:

I really want to get this RESTORED/CONVERTED.... After looking at the internals this looks easy...

Ordering the bullet-guide and the Intrafuse Saiga forearm next week.

Latest Pic... With Bulgy Commercial mag (fitted).

post-8775-1247339918_thumb.jpg

Another member (BronCobraJet) sent me a new retainer plate for my B-day as a gift... :)

Anyone else got a extra G2 FCG they want to donate as a B-day gift feel free to PM me... :wub:

I really want to get this RESTORED/CONVERTED.... After looking at the internals this looks easy...

Ordering the bullet-guide and the Intrafuse Saiga forearm next week.

Latest Pic... With Bulgy Commercial mag (fitted).

post-8775-1247339918_thumb.jpg

Am I seeing things, or is the gas tube and upper half of the top cover.......white?

Its 1200' Almond/Tan. My 7yo son wanted me to paint one of my rifles 'totally' with that color.

I decided to do removable items on here. I did the gas tube and half the dust cover to give 'Christine' character and appease him. Easily changed later if need be.

Its 1200' Almond/Tan. My 7yo son wanted me to paint one of my rifles 'totally' with that color.

I decided to do removable items on here. I did the gas tube and half the dust cover to give 'Christine' character and appease him. Easily changed later if need be.

Not bad, just different. I'm all for making something "your own".

I remember seeing a picture of someone's AK (maybe even a Saiga) that was almost completely white (more of a super-light gray, I think) and it looked a lot better than I would have thought.

Okay went to Carolina SS and ordered the RESTORATION parts $50.35 (shipped). Got the G2 single, 6pk plugs, new disconnect spring, PG screw and bushing, and 2 trigger guard screws (hex head black). They are 1 stop shopping.. :D

Did not order forearm first. Better to get the conversion done then dress up...

Now I wait for the pkg.... Also got Pistol Grip coming in for just $8 shipped.

This Friday I order the RPB KRINK stock (above pics) for $41 shipped.

Sunday I will do my PROJECT... -_- . Not bad for $100 total.

Keep you all posted and will ask questions if needed and post pic when DONE...

You guys rock by the way.. Will order the Bullet Guide from Dinzag in the coming weeks. Got a 40 cal psitol on Layway...