>> Vendor SALES. Any 7/4 Specials?? <<

Well of course the prices will keep dropping if Obama nor the Congress do anything significant to endanger our gun rights, that is what caused the flurry of sales, the spike in prices and ultimately that is what will cause them to fall. I see it at every show. The problem is that dealer shelves are lined with high priced stock, the manufacturers obviously wanted to get in on the windfall!

It is hard for a dealer to sell under cost, for long, and that is what may well happen. Now I do understand that the metals market jumped, and that energy costs have increased worldwide and that is partially responsible for the cost escalation, but I also understand that if they don't sell firearms they have no cash-flow, and that applies to the dealers and the manufacturer.

This is particularly applicable if the manufacturers over estimated demand and felt that the spike was sustainable and the dealers overbought. All those guns on the shelves are not paying the bills and sales have cooled, supply and demand.

If nothing happens, the process will correct, but this 4th of July weekend... ? :D

Dream on ....

Everyone knows that we will pay these prices ..... Not much incentive to brong prices down .....

Hard to believe they will go much below $399.00 .......

I would like to point out also that at $399 your getting a lot of gun for your money. Sure it might need to be converted, but with a little more coin in, you get a whole lot more return on your gun for the cash.

Its still a good deal.

Well of course the prices will keep dropping if Obama nor the Congress do anything significant to endanger our gun rights, that is what caused the flurry of sales, the spike in prices and ultimately that is what will cause them to fall. I see it at every show. The problem is that dealer shelves are lined with high priced stock, the manufacturers obviously wanted to get in on the windfall!

It is hard for a dealer to sell under cost, for long, and that is what may well happen. Now I do understand that the metals market jumped, and that energy costs have increased worldwide and that is partially responsible for the cost escalation, but I also understand that if they don't sell firearms they have no cash-flow, and that applies to the dealers and the manufacturer.

This is particularly applicable if the manufacturers over estimated demand and felt that the spike was sustainable and the dealers overbought. All those guns on the shelves are not paying the bills and sales have cooled, supply and demand.

If nothing happens, the process will correct, but this 4th of July weekend... ? :D

+1 on this. Also, manufacturers, especially ammo companies, have upped and often expanded their production for what I'm sure they think will be a sustainable boom in the industry, and many retailers have used (and often intentionally fueled) the paranoia so that they can charge for example $28 for a box .40 cal ammo that still costs them about the same as pre-boom. It's in their interest to keep us in a completely panicked state about the "evil Obama" who is going to try and disarm us all, even though there hasn't been ANY real motion on this issue whatsoever that I know of. I find it ironic that without Obama doing anything, we are disarming ourselves by stockpiling and overconsuming, so that the cost for a nice day at the range has become just plain prohibitive. Everyone loses. Fortunately, the gross overproduction of ammo will likely lead to a glut in the market and serious price reduction. Just my 2-cents.

I find it ironic that without Obama doing anything, we are disarming ourselves by stockpiling and overconsuming, so that the cost for a nice day at the range has become just plain prohibitive. Everyone loses. Fortunately, the gross overproduction of ammo will likely lead to a glut in the market and serious price reduction. Just my 2-cents.

+1! I have reverted to old, pre-good old days habits! I remember back in the late 60s or early 70s, that shooting 100 rounds in one session was a lot! I might shoot a box of 50 Lake City M1 carbines (probably 2- 15 rounders), or maybe two batches of 25 each of different loads of 44 Magnum. In the early 80s, I had an AR180. Two 20 round mags was a lot to shoot in a day. Then came cheap imported ammo, AKs and ARs a plenty in the mid to late 80s. We wasted more ammo in one range session than we would have shot in a year 10 to 15 years before!

Now that I have shot about 2,000 between my AKs in the last year, I will be backing off to a 30 (or now a 40 that I have one) round magazine every once in awhile just to stay fresh. I plan on keeping about 2,000 to 3,000 of factory ammo for my AKs, and about 1,000 each for my Glock 19 and Underwood USGI M1 carbine. I have about 3,000 22 LR. and about 750 slug and buckshot 12 GA. I only have about 450 loaded 44 Magnum for my 8 3/8" S&W 29-2.

I have started reloading again, and have 7.62x39 IMI brass, LEE dies, and a LEE 160 grain mold to hardcast linotype/wheel weight bullets with 16 grains of 2400. SKS folks have been using it for a long time, and say it will cycle the action. That will be cheaper than the Silver Bear or Wolf in the long run now. I even reload 12 Gauge and .44 magnum again now, and plan on reloading .30 Carbine and 30-30.