Tough decisions on Quad Rails

So, as of last week, the decision for me was easy: I was waiting for CSS to get this quad rail in stock so that I could order one up. Now that Chaos is running their awesome sale, I'm completely on the fence.

Both seem to be similar to each other in terms of length of rails, but I haven't handled either and can't find good pictures or information on the net with specifics.

I like the CSS one because it has a gap for sighting off the stock irons and has the top rail off-set rearward which would give me a wider sight radius off a Kreb barrel-mounted front when I get one. Should also be really easy to co-witness the Kreb front, a flip-up rear, and a red dot if the height lines up right.

On the other hand, everyone's talking about how rock-solid the Chaos quad is. Unfortunately, though, there's not a ton of information about them on-line (though I'm learning a bit from lurking the Chaos Sale thread). I'd love to know how it affects stock irons, how accessible the gas tube is, if it comes with rail covers, and how easy installation is.

On top of that, there was recently a post by someone that implied the CSS one was Chinese made. That accurate?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Oh man, not even a tough decision at all.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY plus that the UTG rail has over the Chaos, is the ability to use the irons while the upper half is attached.

The Chaos is rock solid (yes, I have one). I only use the lower half tri-rail anyway, so the irons issue is not an issue for me.

The Chaos is US made by a fellow member and forum vendor.

The UTG is indeed Chinese, and would count against your parts count as far as compliance.

The Chaos rail is super easy to install if you can work a allen wrench.

On the Chaos, the gas tube is easy enough to access. Just take the top half of the rail off. Again, if you can work an allen wrench, you're covered. (Why do you need to access the gas tube? It doesn't come off, like regular AK's.) I assume it's probably the same for the UTG.

Especially right now.....with the pricing of the Chaos..........I say jump on THAT. It's a $5 difference. The UTG rail will most likely always be that price. You can get in the future if you feel the need.

So in short, my vote is for the Chaos. For the reasons listed above.

This sale is too good to pass up. I ordered one, but I don't currently have an S-12 I want to mount the rail to, but the solution is to buy another S-12 to justify taking advantage of the sale! :lolol:

I just hope my wife never discovers this site!!!!!!!

Here's the choice: Chinese or American

Doesn't sound very tough to me, Cameron is a small business man who offers a top-rate product, which is on sale for a crazy price right now. Cameron is also going to stand behind his workmanship, if you need support, you can talk to the president of the company, how can you beat that? :)

Dude, I was on the wait for the Leapers rail since my pre-order in late March. Got tired of waiting when I found an opportunity to buy a Chaos from a forum member in good condition for a good price at that time. With the new pricing, its a no brainer. Plus if you decide to "wait" for the Leapers rail, you'll be waiting a long time while everyone else is having fun with their Chaos rails that they got at the sale price.

Don't miss out, and don't get screwed by the ridiculous lead time for the Leapers rail. The new delivery is slated Aug.-Sept and that was from Jun. - July. It may get stretched all the way until Christmas.

BTW, I wouldn't worry too much about having irons on a shotty. But if you must, you can just use the bottom of the quad as a tri-rail.

Ive bought a lot of Cameron's stuff and its all very high quality and well made.

I bought his tri rail a few months back and just got around to installing it tonight.

It took all of 5 minutes. Went on easy and fit perfectly. Rock solid and IMO looks great.

At the 4th of July prices you'd be crazy not to buy one. Its made in the USA by a board member

who is catering to our hobby. Hell I might even buy a quad rail just because, Never know I might go for another S12

once this conversion is done.

If you like the looks of one of the others better, thats a different story, but everthing else being equal Id say the Chaos is the way to go