I used to wonder why there was not as much traffic in the 410 forum as the 12 because the 410 is more affordable, that is untill you start feeding it. Today I saw the light! Bought a 19" S 12 with adjustable sight rib, BHO, threaded barrel and full choke. Man that thing is awesome. Big black fire breathin'dragon! Shorter than my 410 though. Just got back from the range with it while ago after feeding it it's first box of shells. Exploded a beer can full of water with it on the first slug from 50yds. That was the first shot ever fired from it! Was amazed at the "iron sights" being that accurate so I backed up to 75 and put one through the middle of a wet phone book. I had no idea that a 12 ga shotgun could be that accurate and with just a sight rail and bead. I'm stoked! I still love my 410 but now I see why the 12's are so popular. :killer::super::super:

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Cobra, I'm with you man. I've had my .410 for years now.

Just picked up my S-12 yesterday at the fun show. Sounds like yours, except I got the pistol sights and threaded bbl protector, instead of the choke.

I think I overpaid for mine, what did you spend?

Also, does you dust cover and safety match up like they should? Or is there a small gap between the two?

Also, does you dust cover and safety match up like they should? Or is there a small gap between the two?

I probly overpaid for mine too but I've been looking for one just like that and they are kind of rare. I gave 375 for it with just 1 mag. Mines a 2000 model. The factory BHO is supposed to be a plus but honestly I have had no problems loading a full 5 round mag with that bot closed. Just hook the front catch and rock in just like an AK. Dust cover matches the safety fine. They have a paradox choke for it (rifled). I may try to pick one of those up but I dont see how it could shoot any sweeter with slugs. Might splurge when I catch back up and get one of Johnnys flash supressors. Have you shot your 410 with slugs much? It's surprisingly accurate too out to at least 80 yds. If I remember correctly yours is one of the older ones like mine with the long barrel and sight rib. Have you scoped it?

Cobra, I'm with you man. I've had my .410 for years now.

Just picked up my S-12 yesterday at the fun show. Sounds like yours, except I got the pistol sights and threaded bbl protector, instead of the choke.

Sorry Aethelbert and Indy, I think I threw you offtrack because I posted this thread in the wrong forum. Me and Mbsk1 were referring to the S 12 I just bought. I would not pay that much for a 410 even if I could squeeze 5 in the mag. You can still get them from CDNN for $189 shipped.

But that brings up a different topic for discussion. I know you can trim the follower and get 6 in the S12 5 rounder so has anyone tried this with the 410 mag. I have looked at it before and it looks possible. I've just been waiting to see if anyone had tried. The only fear I have is if you overload the spring it might either feed too fast and cause a jam or it might be hard to put a full mag in with the bolt closed. Same goes with the S12 mags. Ithink the reason they left that little extra space was so the spring has room to compress and allow you to put in a full mag. What do you guys think? It would be cool to be able to get a whole box of Barnaul into 2 mags. I'm going to try it and will post my results. If it doesn't feed or load right I can always just put 4 in it. :smoke:

I tried trimming the follower on one of the extra .410 mags and it didn't work out, still couldn't get 5 into it. I was thinking that the spring may be the problem, they come with the 10-round mag springs and so I thought that it may be binding. I decided not to try to trim it anymore. I am planning on putting 2 mags together, so I might go ahead and try to trim the follower and the spring since I'll have an extra of each. AKATTACK

Guess I need to check my threads more often. :huh:

OK, I guess I did a little better than you pricewise. Picked mine up at the funshow Saturday, $319+tax, NIB. It's an '04 import.

Only downside is, I have the selector gap, though it may be fixed by using a new dust cover. Wish I could determine that without having to buy one.

Like you Cobra, I have no problem inserting a loaded 5rd mag, it's just technique.

AFAIK the S-410 goes, I've shot some slugs through it, but it's been awhile, and I was just playing around at the time. Recently, it's become my wife's snake/donkey shooter, with a second use as a general noisemaker.

Also, on my .410, I have modified 1 4rd mag to accomadate 5rds. It's not too hard, just a matter of trimming the follower edges a bit, and the tab on the floorplate. Only related problem is that it causes the top round to go a bit nose high, and may not scoop up the second round. Though lately, I havent been seeing any problems.

:)