Let me make sure I got this right.. In order to post an ad, I need to "contribute" money to X entity?

Z06 Corvette and Cobra Mustang forums..

AR-15, Ruger, M&P forums..

Boating, Ranger, and truck forums..

Precious metal and coin-collecting forums..

Gardening, Horticultural, and outdoor forums..

All above I frequent with a thing here, or a thing there for sale once in a while.

Have for years.. why "$4.99 to post here" ?

MJS Global Incorporated owns this place..

Quickly.. I hear corporate footsteps.

Edited by TNHighwayman
Noncontributor advertising.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are exactly correct. You have to cough up a whopping $5, one time, to post items for sale. You seem intelligent enough to read the forum rules that were posted and sent to you in a PM. The forum cannot run on fumes and good cheer--the software for this place requires periodic updating and it's not free. Is that a shock to you? There are hundreds if not thousands of contributors that do not share your frugality. You can spend $5 on a pack of cigarettes or a meal at McDonalds and wouldn't blink an eye. Doesn't sound that unreasonable to me. Guess 'thank you for your understanding and cooperation' is foreign to you. Sarcasm won't get you anywhere either. That's how this place works. Like it or leave it.

You are exactly correct. You have to cough up a whopping $5, one time, to post items for sale. You seem intelligent enough to read the forum rules that were posted and sent to you in a PM. The forum cannot run on fumes and good cheer--the software for this place requires periodic updating and it's not free. Is that a shock to you? There are hundreds if not thousands of contributors that do not share your frugality. You can spend $5 on a pack of cigarettes or a meal at McDonalds and wouldn't blink an eye. Doesn't sound that unreasonable to me. Guess 'thank you for your understanding and cooperation' is foreign to you. Sarcasm won't get you anywhere either. That's how this place works. Like it or leave it.

Question 1: Why do thousands of other forums not require a contribution to post a simple ad?

Question 2: How on earth do those thousands of forums survive "software updates"?

Answer 1: The initial owners of the domain didn't sell out to corp

Answer 2: They ask for donations when they need donations, and the forum body never disappoints.. but to bust peoples chops as soon as they step off the boat?

It's not the money, it's the principle.

~crickets~

Like it or leave it.

Not really.. "Pay or leave it" is more accurate.

Edited by TNHighwayman

If you weren't wrapped up with tinfoil, you'd realize that the majority of the forums are owned by corporations for legal reasons - not profit.

Most of them are tax write offs for the corporation, which is one reason why those forums don't ask for money.

And to the point, in this case, the ".corp" came before the forum, so there wasn't any "selling out to the corp".

BTW, there are lots of other forums you can sell your stuff on. Have fun.

And to the point, in this case, the ".corp" came before the forum, so there wasn't any "selling out to the corp".

You're honestly gonna' try and use that as a debate point? Really?

I'm not sure what "tin foil" has to do with anything.. but nice attempt at demonizing the opposition and dodging core issues.

Edited by TNHighwayman

You're not trying to make $2500 on any of other thousands of forums. You came here since there is a very specific clientele you are trying to profit from and would have a good chance of doing so. This forum is not a democracy--we have specific rules which I am charged with enforcing, voluntarily I will add, so I don't get any part of your $5. It's quite simple, and in English: abide by the rules or hit the highway.

You're honestly going to try and use this as a debate point? Really?

Let me rephrase the last part of my previous post.

Go peddle your stuff somewhere else.

You don't have to post anything else, you won't hurt our feelings.

Just go.

i found the saiga forum when i bought a saiga 12 put a 12 round mag in it & had some fte problems. from the info i found on this site i got it running flawlessly. i have also learned quite a bit, got alot of entertainment, & a few laughs. i have never been asked for any money although i have never tried to sell anything on here. i have sold things in the newspaper classifieds before & had to pay those guys. ive also sold on gunbroker & ebay & had to pay those guys.

this dude complaining about having to pay to advertise something on here is pretty choice.

Yep--I'm going to have to give away 0.2% of my profit to sell something here--waah waah! Take out an ad in your local rag for free that most folks just use to put down for their dogs and cats to piss on and see how easily it will sell. As Bvamp alluded, you apparently don't have the intelligence to comprehend the advantages afforded to you by selling something here. Cooperate, or disintegrate.

nalioth, I think we actually agree for once!

You sell Saigas.. I'm sure you do.

Well, if you're talking about bvamp, he does sell Saigas here. His company pays for the privilege.

If you're talking about me, well, the gold lettering is easy to see

<--------------------------------------------------------

It spells "C-O-N-T-R-I-B-U-T-O-R"

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. . . .

Edited by nalioth
Yep--I'm going to have to give away 0.2% of my profit to sell something here--waah waah! Take out an ad in your local rag for free that most folks just use to put down for their dogs and cats to piss on and see how easily it will sell. As Bvamp alluded, you apparently don't have the intelligence to comprehend the advantages afforded to you by selling something here. Cooperate, or disintegrate.

I don't think my intelligence is really the question for anyone paying attention.

Let's see.. so far I'm:

a. Tinfoil

b. Unintelligent

Maybe I'm testing the meddle of this board..

Maybe I'm looking for the testicular fortitude of those asking for $$$..

Maybe I'll pay the $5.00..

Maybe..

Edited by TNHighwayman

Now I'm replying to make sure I got this right, too. You come to a place that's built up a lot of traffic that you want to make a profit from, then complain about their principles. "The corporation" at least provides a service to you for what they charge. You, on the other hand, want something from them for nothing in return. Pretty impressive, Mr. Principles. Truly a highwayman in the lowest sense of the word.

Edited by GunClinger

If you think there is a much better way to run a forum, heres a novel idea, why dont you run your own? Or are you not only cheap, but lazy?

I know, Why dont you just sit there and wait for someone else to hand you everything you want, without you having to pay for it, or do any actual work yourself.

democrat-bear.jpg

Im not a contributor, as you notice, as i dont feel like paying for something i may or may not need to use, at this time, but im still here, I very much appreciate this board, out of the dozens of firearms boards im a member of, i support the comunity as i can, i read the rules, i follow them, and i dont go around bitching about how daddy didnt give me exactly what i want. Grow up, and stop being a troll.

Its people like you who give America a bad name.

Edited by ReverendFranz

Dear Troll-N-Highwayman, you are the only one arguing your point, you have no supporters. Anyone who felt that 5$ was too much to ask has since left for less well manicured pastures. We like it here, so we've stayed, if you don't I'm sure there's a bit of room elsewhere on the internet to hang your foil trimmed hat.

wow, we have some seriously savy people here, dont we.

doc, delete this thread tomorrow, let them have a look at the ad link i posted, then FUCK EM.

FAAAAAHK you, we get one MILLION HITS A MONTH. MAx does a GIG A DAY OR TWO OR THREE.,

you sir, can go fuck yourself quickly......

WHOS GONNA PAY FOR THAT SHIT? YOU? fuck no, you wont! LOL cheap ass. hey man, fuck you. look at who is here, and who pays to keep the site up now. you can seriously go fuck yourself.

Im sorry, but I cant help it.

Wanna talk dirty and mean? Really?

You can't keep up without spewing filth.. and you think you'll fare better cussing with a sailor?

Dear Troll-N-Highwayman, you are the only one arguing your point, you have no supporters. Anyone who felt that 5$ was too much to ask has since left for less well manicured pastures. We like it here, so we've stayed, if you don't I'm sure there's a bit of room elsewhere on the internet to hang your foil trimmed hat.

Read the thread again.. perhaps slower.

Let's let this thread drag on a little longer and see if you get a sympathetic ear, it's rather enjoyable in a way, otherwise we'll bid you goodbye soon. Have a good and squeakally frugal, narrow minded, conceited, condescending, arrogant, and blissfully ignorant life.

look at who is on board here. you insult them. do you all know how hard we all worked to get here? shit man.

I'm insulting "the man" I think really more than any one person on this board, or one contributor to this thread.

But nice attempt #3 at demonizing me.. you're persistant.

Extremely weak.. but persistant.

if the fee was $1000, why would you complain about it, just dont use the service if you think its unreasonable. this is unbelieveable. maybe obama should get involved in internet forum fees. we should demand "fairness"

Wow!

Now I'm :

a. Tinfoil

b. Unintelligent

c. squeakally? frugal

d. narrow minded

e. conceited

f. condescending

g. arrogant

h. blissfully ignorant

Lighten up.

I'm not a troll.