Drop in no conversion stock on Gunbroker

I have a drop in stock for Saigas on gunbroker, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=29360900

saigatube4.jpg

I also have some other styles availble, including stocks for conversions and non conversion. Prices vary from $40 to $65 depending on which version and style.

Email for more info. onepoint@fubarhill.com

AKtube3.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, I don't worry too much about critcism, gives ideas for changes etc. Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. ;)

That one sold already on Gunbroker, but I am building more as time permits, personally like the feel of the straight brace version better, even though the bent brace looks better.

Thanks for looking.

I snagged the standard Ak version off of gunbroker, it is solid!!, Not the prettiest thing, but good stiff steel construction, my only complaint is the buttplate, looks like an old tire tread. I even like the paracord wrap, a little cushion and if you needed to you could use it for cordage. (survival purposes) An interesting stock indeed.

I am not a legal authority on this stuff, but I think to be compliant with this stock minmum you need a to get A US made hammer, gas piston, mag floor plate and follower, and/or hand guard if neccesary. Or any combination that meets 10 less imported parts. Basically the only things you can't use, that a regular conversion does is the grip and the trigger.

If you are not going to move the trigger group and want to use the factory trigger position, here is a list of parts

(1) Receiver----------------------------------------------------------------------Russian

(2) Mounting blocks,trunion --------------------------------------------------- Russian

(3) Barrels------------------------------------------------------------------------Russian

(4) Bolt----------------------------------------------------------------------------Russian

(5) Bolt carriers------------------------------------------------------------------Russian

(6) Trigger-----------------------------------------------------------------------Russian

(7) Magazine bodies- However whole US made mags take care of 3 parts -Russian

(8) Gas pistons-------------------------------------US compliant capable swap part

(9) Hammers--------------------------------------- US compliant capable swap part

(10) Disconnectors--------------------------------- US compliant capable swap part

(11) Buttstock --------------------------------------US compliant capable swap part

(12) Pistol grips-------------------------------------US compliant capable swap part

(13) Forearms, handguards------------------------US compliant capable swap part

(14) Followers---------------------------------------US compliant capable swap part

(15) Floorplates ------------------------------------US compliant capable swap part

Unless I am mistaken on my parts count, it takes any combination of the swapable parts to get below 10 maximum and I didnt incluse whole US made mags.. Note that the grips on my stocks are not compliant as is, and must swapped.

I have sold out everything I have built for non conversion ones today, I will be doing more this week as time permits and have started a list of those interested from emails 1st come first pick. I will send pictures of stocks available to choose from with prices when they are ready.

Revised the parts count because apparently I cant count. :D

Edited by Onepoint

Chris isn't far off, its actually multi-ply belting that is cut to shape. :)

I added it because the buttplates are slick enough they slip off of fabric so I added those to keep it on your shoulder, and it does come off, though you may have to space the bolts with washers on the back side of the plate.

I made the stock with SKS buttplate for 2 reasons, larger shoulder area than AK plates, and more variety of buttpads that fit to extend length.

Dodge, a cheek piece is going to raise your head too far. Would there be interest in a steel druganov style?

Edited by Onepoint

When I get a little time I will get one and do some experimenting on a Druganov style.

I imagine a AR-15 CAR stock snap on cheek piece could be adapted with a spacer, like rubber tubing even if you had to run a screw in to keep it from slipping around. In fact you may want it to be able to slip back past a screw as a stop so you could simply turn out of the way.

I have to say I have a scope on mine and I have not felt the need for a cheek piece, but that is personal preference.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.