Come on guys, I cant be the only one with a collection of odd rifles.

Let's see some pics of your stuff.

Here's some more from me;

FR-7, FR-8, Strange piece of history

fr1.jpg

I have the correct bayonets and slings for these also

And my Favorites, VZ52's. Why? Czech's made a nice weapon. Total odd ball in 7.62x45mm

czechs.jpg

Nailbomb has first on the FR's if I sell them. I'm not big on bolts, left handed and all you know. I'm good at them, weird kinda, but I grew up with a Enfield 303 in my hands. I grab the bolt with the left and twist the rifle around with the right hand. Cant reallly explain it.

No, No, I was not trolling for a sale, we see a good many of them here in Atlanta and I would not attempt to buy from a non-member. Thanks though, nice rifles.

OK, it's an odd ball. I don't see a section for AOW.

I do miss shooting my big buddy though. :cryss:

tow-1.jpg

TOW II . Oh what fun. Interactive video gaming at it's best.

Where ever the cross hairs are, is where she hits. HARD!

What is that? (EDIT: the milled AK, there werent any replies when i loaded the page) I don't have any historical oddballs like those spanish boltguns with the gastube lookalike, but ill post a picture of my FN49, which is an oddball when you look at its history, it was ready for production in 1938, but WWII stalled it, then the plans were smuggled to the british who didnt want it, to prevent the germans from stealing it. When it went into production after the war, it was already nearing obsolesion, despite originally being far ahead of its time. Like i said, not really an oddball, but just to help your cause, ill post a pic of it, and show off my mutt rifle, which is still in progress, and is composed almost entirely of spare parts I had laying around, which is why it isnt complete, as, evidently, i didnt have enough spare parts laying around.

post-3313-1248759747_thumb.jpg

post-3313-1248759768_thumb.jpg

Edited by ReverendFranz

They are great rifles. The fixed mag on all but the Argentines is a bit of a bummer (and even those arent ideal) but they are still my favorite, for a number of reasons, one of which is the group size. Mine should have a fixed 20 round mag on it this time next week, that should even things out a little bit. I have to say though, its awful tempting to buy another one, mill out the receiver for detachable mags with another mag catch, and put a folding stock and pistol grip on it. Id probably take that over an FAL anyday. The Anti Bubba suplus collectors would have me crucified if they ever saw it though.

The mak looks neat, probably that cheek piece on the stock.

. Id probably take that over an FAL anyday.

What? What? What?

The Anti Bubba suplus collectors would have me crucified if they ever saw it though.

Oh yes, they would. I might be on that band wagon. LOL

Hehe, no disrespect intended to the venerable FAL, of course, I just happen to like my 49. So much in fact, that I probably wont hack one into pieces. but it is an entertaining thought, and wouldn't be hard to do. If Springfield or someone tooled up to make more of them, id be all over it. With less than 200,000 of them ever built, worldwide, its a bit hard to justify.

I've been eying an FN49 at the local Cabela's for several months. Only thing that's really kept me from buying it is that there aren't any outdoor ranges less than a half hour away, and the indoor range doesn't allow 8mm Mauser.

Almost bought a really odd rifle a few months ago, but the sale fell through. It was a three-barrel .22LR French-made volley gun. Still wish the guy hadn't flaked, that was a weird, nifty little gun.

I like the display tags, that is a very classy touch.

thanks, I was messing around at work. We have a

Laser Photonics engraving laser. I got the blank plates from eBay.

plate.jpg

Edited by Banshee
Nailbomb has first on the FR's if I sell them. I'm not big on bolts, left handed and all you know. I'm good at them, weird kinda, but I grew up with a Enfield 303 in my hands. I grab the bolt with the left and twist the rifle around with the right hand. Cant reallly explain it.

I know exactly what you ment. I'm a lefty too. I have a M44 and work the bolt the same way!!! I've been wanting to get a Carl Gustav but that straight pull bolt is just to weird to work with the left hand.

Hows the Microtech shoot? Guns and Zippos from the same part of the world :)

it is nice. I really like it. They have a differnt feel about them, but you get past it pretty quick. The trigger is better than I was expecting. I have shot ARs with worse triggers.

Hey now, Ive always been partial to the chamelot-delvigne, mle 1873 myself, though it might be a matter of personal taste.

I dont have a picture of my own, but you get the idea:

831_001.jpg

I cant count the number of times Ive almost walked out of a gunshow with a MAS49. The only thing that has always stopped me is that they have too much on common with modern poodleshooters, and that the century conversions to .308 are supposed to be completely unreliable. other than that, they are definitely.. interesting looking.

I have a MAS 36-51

Banshee, I had one of those in 7.5mm. I did the mod for the thumb safety on it. Sold that, Bolt action guns don't hang around here for more than a year or two. LOL

I did keep all the stripper clips, they hold the 308 for the MAS 49/56

the century conversions to .308 are supposed to be completely unreliable. other than that, they are definitely.. interesting looking.

I will agree, Century made some short cut tubes and bad chambers, but it's an easy fix. If the tube wasn't cut to short the sealant they used at the gasport sucked. I replaced the seal on the gasport and had the chamber reamed, runs good now.

Edited by akastormi

Yeah, Ive seen plenty of info on tuning them, and Buddy Hinton has a scan of an excellent 4 or so page article on working on them at his place, but it was just enough to convince me i really didn't need one, though it was a fight everytime I found a good deal.

Hows it shoot?