Chaos wave s12 muzzle break

I am trying to decide weather or not to buy this product. I currently have a shark break, but really liked the way this Chaos break looked. What do you guys think about this product. Are there advantages to different breaks or is it all for looks. Any feedback greatly appreciated. :smoke:

If you check in the Chaos vendor section and do a search on the wave brake you'll find a lot of stuff. In reading through the forums, there are several thoughts I'd summarize:

• Brakes don't seem to do all that much on a shotgun. There are the muzzle devices and then mid-barrel brakes. While most brakes might seem to work, really, they just look cool. If you check out the competitor's section for Team Saiga, some of those guys have mid-barrel brakes and I would imagine that those work quite well.
  • Flash Hinders break up the fireball so it's less obvious. My impression is that most of the flash hinders for sale by everyone work well.

I've bought a number of products from Chaos. Their stuff looks good and has the level of function you'd expect. While I don't have the wave, I've thought about buying it just because the other products have been very good. The other day, my gun shop was checking out a Chaos warthog on my S12 and they got into an argument about whether it was a brake or a hinder. I was originally interested in brakes because I wanted to lessen the recoil and improve my ability to stay on target.

ok, the legal definition of the difference between a brake and a flash hider is pretty simple - a flash hider's muzzle end is much larger than the bore diameter, whereas a brake's muzzle diameter is nearly that of the bore of the firearm.

after that, there is the obvious, such as in "tank brakes" and the like.

One thing about barrel porting and ported choke tubes or muzzle attachments on a shotgun, however, is the vent holes help to stabilize the shot cup as it leaves the muzzle of the shotgun, and helps give you a tighter pattern. You will see turkey chokes with porting on them, and this is the reason why. The Wave Brake, although I have not patterned the one at the shop (dont ask me why, I just keep forgetting), should improve your pattern density, at the least a little bit, if nothing else. It is very light, and well made.

The Warthog is reported to have a slight effect on muzzle flip, but I tell ya one thing about it - its one diesel part, and if you have a use for sticking the muzzle into something (like breeching a door, or pinning that thief in your home to the wall), it sure is a good part for that, thats for sure. The demo Warthog Mr Cam sent out to me, bit me already, when it fell out of the wrapper and onto my bare foot, teeth down (of course). You could definately "steer someone" with it, thats for sure.

I have both the warthog and the wave break.

The wave break is very well built, and extreemly light. It'll feel like you have the stock thread protector on the end. I havn't patterned it, I have a poly choke for that. I use it primarily for 2 3/4 slugs in the idea that venting the gasses should stabilize the slug better.

The warthog is just plain cool. I love that bastard. You can't hurt it, but it can hurt you, and your gun case... And yes it helps with muzzle lift, but you'll notice the effect the most with really heavy loads(more gas to work with I would assume). The 3 gun guys arn't going out and firing the heaviest loads, and they arn't worried about practicality on thier race guns. Besides the benifits of a choke are probably far greater to them than the ammount of reduction the warthog offers.

Wow ,lots of good info. Thanks guys. I want the Chaos forend grip for my Chaos quad. On the Chaos website they have a combo for the forend and wave break, it seems like the wave break is less than $20 with this combo. I think you have convinced me to get it. I love my sharkbreak but it is really heavy, might be nice to have a lighter one also. I cant wait to get my s12 back from conversion!