Who to send to if you disabled your FCG?

So I decided to put in one of those bars in all my AKs that replaces the sheppards crook wire. All went well with the WASR-10, the Bulgarian folder, and then I hit my Siaga. First off, I couldn't even get the selector lever out without removing the upper pin that holds the sear. Once I had that out I was able to remove the safety lever, and the shapard crook part. At this point, I realized I had a G2 single hook trigger kit and decided to remove the hammer pin. I now cannot get the hammer pin in, cannot figure out how the replacement shepard hook part would work, and the entire gun is disabled and the spring for the bolt hold open I have no idea where it would go or how to assemble this.

any ideas on who I could ship my Siaga to and my parts bin and get a working gun again in a few weeks turnournd?

Sticking to ARs and pistols for "garage smith projects" they are usually nice and easy. thanks

Sticking to ARs and pistols for "garage smith projects" they are usually nice and easy. thanks

Don't make me drag out the violins for you, dude.

If you can build / work on ARs and pistols you are STRATOSPHERICALLY OVERQUALIFIED to do anything with an AK.

Try this link and get your FCG in order: FIre control installation

my 9mm is tougher to work on.... buckle up, it's going get worse from here if the AK is confusing

OK i'll will admit I had a bit of an overraction on this one. My AK friently neighbor stopped by and in one minute we had this together and running like butter. But now, i have a spare spring and my bolt hold open is lacking a spring. What do I need to dissasemble to get a working factory bolt stop in place? The metal stamp piece is in place on the right side of the receiver through the hammer pin, but we were too stupid to figure out where the loop spring went to get this feature working.

Do I need to back out the hammer or the sear pin again to get this spring back in place? Where does the spring go?

thanks much. it's one of those panic attacks where you completely disabled your AK and am handicapped at mechanical means to get it working.

My Saiga is my only "fancy AK" that even has this bolt hold feature. Does the spring for the bolt stop go through the same pin that holds the stop? If so, what is the order in which I need to dis

sassemble my now good working FCG to get this working?

Edited by twinhairdryers
I'd just pull the rest of the bolt hold open out. The thing is pretty useless, IMO. Especially on X39 saiga.

I agree, unless the local ranges require it to shoot paper. I'd rather have a bolt stop than put sand filled 30-06 casings into the chamber to show there is not a round in the chamber.

Man I'm sorry but just what have you been doing all this time you have been a member here? lol

:haha:

Ok...really...lol...if you need help with this I'll be glad to help.

First thing...go and read a few of the tutorials that have been posted on Saiga conversions. This one tells how to do what you are wanting.... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=5178

It's old and it's long...but I wrote it to try and help people that weren't getting enough out of the Shiek's tutorial...the only other one out at the time.

If you still have any questions just PM me, and I'll give you my phone number.

I tried myself to do my Saiga 7.62x39 and can't get the pieces of the puzzle together to get a working gun. I can't get the hammer and spring down to install the pin straight, and then get the sear group in with the hooks on it to save my life (no pun intended).

You assemble the disconnector, disco spring, trigger, and axle tube outside of the gun. Once you have that assembled you put the hammer spring on it and slide it into the reciever.

The spring for BHO goes between the receiver and the BHO plate with the shorter LEG on the little tiny tab that sticks out facing the receiver. The other LEG goes flat on the bottom of the receiver against the wall for tension.

Best I can describe it.

I left mine out for now but may put in later when I am bored again. ADD..