the new saiga 5.45x39 in a non contributor's catalog

One would think if you really really wanted to sell a firearm on the forum, you could pony up the small donation to become a contributor.

No sir.

It's not that at all.

He got zapped for mentioning that the new Saigas are available in "a non contributor's catalog".

The OP doens't give a sh** to sell guns, he just wanted to share the news.

Basically, we're to the point here that you can't talk about Saigas unless you buy them from forum sponsors.

One would think if you really really wanted to sell a firearm on the forum, you could pony up the small donation to become a contributor.

No sir.

It's not that at all.

He got zapped for mentioning that the new Saigas are available in "a non contributor's catalog".

Basically, we're to the point here that you can't talk about Saigas unless you buy them from forum sponsors.

you can TALK all you want...... just no links... guess what?......

No sir.

It's not that at all.

Soooo, this is a commerce/forum kinda thingy ;) . I wouldn't have guessed it by the topics on Sagia weapons conversions :dollar: .

No sir.

It's not that at all.

Soooo, this is a commerce/forum kinda thingy ;) . I wouldn't have guessed it by the topics on Sagia weapons conversions :dollar: .

Nothing but evil capitalist, here!!!!

Thanks N!!!!!

i apologize. I dont sell guns, i just bought a saiga that will be my first ever real rifle (had a hi point 995), and i just thought id pass along some information for those here with an obvious interest in saiga's, and i've seen threads in this subforum linking to a converted version that was priced over 1000 dollars and questions asking when the 5.45 would be available.

when i see a good deal, i just share with others who might be interested..

I only intended to pass along helpful information and did not mean to ruffle any feathers.

I do not contribute to the site financially because honestly, I just got here, and i never had a saiga.

Edited by indie

I don't need a link, but can someone pm me the name of the company selling them? Or is that also not allowed? One other question, do these rules mean no one can post deals on ammo or other deals as they come up? It's a great servous to me to know about the cheapest deals on the net, especially on ammo. I don't mind paying a bit more on some things in order to support the forum, but I'd like some clarification.

i apologize. I dont sell guns, i just bought a saiga that will be my first ever real rifle (had a hi point 995), and i just thought id pass along some information for those here with an obvious interest in saiga's, and i've seen threads in this subforum linking to a converted version that was priced over 1000 dollars and questions asking when the 5.45 would be available.

I only intended to pass along helpful information and did not mean to ruffle any feathers.

Indie... nothing but love for ya brother...... no warnings or anything like that....

it is my JOB to remove links to non contributor's sites......

it has just been happening with an alarming frequency lately....

the rules have been this way for a long time now.... some folks still like to rabble rouse about it.....

a 5.45 sub forum is over due... sadly.. I lack the ability to make one....

I don't need a link, but can someone pm me the name of the company selling them? Or is that also not allowed? One other question, do these rules mean no one can post deals on ammo or other deals as they come up? It's a great servous to me to know about the cheapest deals on the net, especially on ammo. I don't mind paying a bit more on some things in order to support the forum, but I'd like some clarification.

Public view..... PM all you want.....

Indie... nothing but love for ya brother...... no warnings or anything like that....

it is my JOB to remove links to non contributor's sites......

it has just been happening with an alarming frequency lately....

the rules have been this way for a long time now.... some folks still like to rabble rouse about it.....

a 5.45 sub forum is over due... sadly.. I lack the ability to make one....

Public view..... PM all you want.....

Juggernaut, i understand and no offense taken. I'll admit I didn't take the time to read the rules. I understand you are moderating as you are supposed to.

bigsal, i will pm you the link if that's permissible.

Juggernaut, i understand and no offense taken. I'll admit I didn't take the time to read the rules. I understand you are moderating as you are supposed to.

bigsal, i will pm you the link if that's permissible.

Indie.... you just made my day!!! Thanks for understanding! :up:

I traded 1000 bucks worth of product for a WASR 5.45 and a spam can and a half of ammo a few months back.....

that was the demand then.... life goes on......

I traded 1000 bucks worth of product for a WASR 5.45 and a spam can and a half of ammo a few months back.....

Depends what the $1000 worth of gear was. You may make out like a bandit in the long run, the raa units might not be that desierable. The pic on the offending website shows a rifle with no magwell dimples and likely no Izzy stamp on the trunion.

I'm only gonna buy the raa units if they have magwell dimples btw...

Depends what the $1000 worth of gear was. You may make out like a bandit in the long run, the raa units might not be that desierable. The pic on the offending website shows a rifle with no magwell dimples and likely no Izzy stamp on the trunion.

<sarcasm>

Awwww.

When I go cruisin' the strip, I only pick the hookers with red hair and magenta eye shadow, cuz they're better in the service department than brunette hookers with the sparkly blue eye shadow.

</sarcasm>

They all shoot the same. A dimple and a mark on the trunnion have NO effect on the function.

You people who are after "dimples" and "arsenal marks" will almost certainly NEVER have what you're really after, anyway, so I don't even know why you insist on trying. .

Awwww.

When I go cruisin' the strip, I only pick the hookers with red hair and magenta eye shadow, cuz they're better in the service department than brunette hookers with the sparkly blue eye shadow.

They all shoot the same. A dimple and a mark on the trunnion have NO effect on the function.

You people who are after "dimples" and "arsenal marks" will almost certainly NEVER have what you're really after, anyway, so I don't even know why you insist on trying. .

Maybe it's the thrill of the chase. :smoke:

Well the desire for less magazine wobble and a higher resale value are my motivation. I swear Nalioth you must have some script that alerts you whenever the word "dimple" is typed on the Internet so you can issue your :haha: standard line of BS.

Well the desire for less magazine wobble and a higher resale value are my motivation. I swear Nalioth you must have some script that alerts you whenever the word "dimple" is typed on the Internet so you can issue your :haha: standard line of BS.

Why don't you get your chalk out and mark your dimples with it, and see if you get any chalk on your mags when you insert them.

The dimples only, not the edges of the mag well.

Why don't you get your chalk out and mark your dimples with it, and see if you get any chalk on your mags when you insert them.

Oh for gods sake, Your a :donatello: ninja turtle :donatello: with that argument!

Here is a better experiment. Look at your receiver, than ask yourself if dimples protrude further into the magwell than a flat side.... Kinda obvious what the outcome will be.

:lolol:

Oh for gods sake, Your a :donatello: ninja turtle :donatello: with that argument!

Here is a better experiment. Look at your receiver, than ask yourself if dimples protrude further into the magwell than a flat side.... Kinda obvious what the outcome will be.

:lolol:

If you don't know anything about Kalashnkovs, yeah, I guess it would be "obvious".

Unfortunately, the Saigas use the RPK method of receiver strengthening (in use since the early '70s on the RPK and RPK-74) which is "internal structural rails".

These internal rails perform the same role in strengthening the receiver as the dimples do on other Kalashnikovs.