If not a criminal act within this jurisdiction it will certainly fall under a mental emergency detention for observation. If a person is deemed a danger to themselves or others by a LEO, Prosecutor, or Judge, they can be detained and placed in a mental facility for 76 hours for observation by a qualified mental health physician. While not considered an "Arrest" the individual is still handcuffed and transported to a mental health facility even if it is against their will. Friends and family members can also petition the courts to issue an ED for an individual if they believe they are a danger to themselves or others. If the physician thinks there is cause for further mental health therapy after the initial 72 hour period then a petition wil be forwarded to a court of competent jurisdiction for adjudication and further therapy. The young man needs picked up and held for evaluation! In my opinion this young man should not be allowed to legally own firearms if this incident is an actual shooting. The police department which holds jurisdiction should be sent this video for investigation.

And yes...I have ED many people in the past. Some of the most violent encounters I ever had involved taking a mental suspect into custody.

Dont suggest that shit! Then I would have to deal with him in acute psych & he would probably end up in a group-home costing the rest of us $5,000 a month to support him. The dip-shit would probably like it :money: & we would be supporting him for the rest of his life.

I really do hope the video is a fake. A kid that would shoot himself just to amuse his friends is a sick puppy. The individuals laughing in the background are not his friends...or at least not good ones if this is a real self inflicted gunshot wound. If it is fake then that would explain their amusement. The Kid racked the slide of the pistol in a very demonstrative fashion but, oddly enough, did not show a live projectile cartridge being chambered (if it was a blank he would not have wanted to reveal it). If I was going to shoot myself to pull a prank with a blank I would have done exactly what he did and hid any view of the blank cartridge. If I were trying to show how tough I was I would have made sure everyone saw the live cartridge being chambered.

The video is dark and I cannot determine how thick his t-shirt is or exactly how close the barrel of the gun is to his flesh. The angle of the firearm in relation to his arm/shoulder area looks to me as more of a right angle than outside flesh wound. Too far away and there would not be a powder burn depending on caliber of weapon and thickness of the t-shirt...ect,? If it was a contact wound then I cannot possibly imagine the wound would be that insignificant. I have no experience with contact wounds inflicted by blank cartridges. I would imagine a blank cartridge could very well leave a powder burn and even inflict death if the pressure is too high in relation to which part of the human anatomy is exposed to the pressure from the expanding gases if it is a contact wound. Much of the pressure contained in the barrel to propel the bullet, or blank generated gases, would have passed into his arm if it was a contact wound. Wounds I have seen at autopsies have shown powder burns in the wound themselves from contact wounds. Head shot contact wounds will even leave a powder burn on the inside of a person's skull on the entry side. Not to mention the ripping of skin from the thousands of pounds of pressure. I observed no tearing of the skin/flesh of the entry wound in the video. Even a close discharge will cause tearing. A contact head wound, even from a small, low pressure cartridge, will fragment/splinter the bone of a human skull from the enourmous pressure generated. I've seen it first hand. The skull looks like a cracked egg after the scalp skin is split and both folded over the face and under the victim's neck and the brains are removed for diagnosis. And yes...a small high speed circular saw is used for cutting, and removing the top of the skull.

Why was the video stopped, or redacted, immediately after the self inflicted gunshot wound? Why would he want to take off his shirt and clean the wound after going through all this trouble of shooting himself to prove how tough he is? A video of all the blood gushing from the wound immediately after the gunshot would have surely impressed his audience much more than waiting for the wound to "heal nicely" and then have to squeeze the wound for a small trickle of blood? Now, if this is a prank, he would have to hide the fact there was no entry or exit bullet holes in the t-shirt...hmmmmm! And he never grimaced in pain from the shot. The t-shirt was never seen in subsequent scenes of the video. I did notice the t-shirt displayed a statement of profanity and perhaps the kid did not want to sacrifice the shirt with holes in the sleeve to add credibility to the prank. It may have been his favorite shirt. He looks the type...nose ring...tats...obnoxious shirt...playing with a gun trying to prove he is tough...I've seen too many of these types.

At the end of the video the kid is shown holding what appears to be to be a spent piece of brass from a bottlenecked small caliber high powered rifle cartridge. The video is blurry and I could be wrong. If I am correct that spent brass would not have been fired from that pistol. Perhaps he should have grabbed a straight walled 9mm or 45acp spent piece of brass to display if that is indeed the "trophy" from his act of stupidity? The video just doesn't look like a real self-inflicted gunshot wound to me. If a qualified physician determines the wound is a real gunshot then the kid needs help. If it is a prank then he sure fooled a lot of people but to what end? Either way his head is screwed on cross-threaded.

This incident needs to be investigated. Law enforcement officers have a duty. This is one which needs attention. If I owned this website forum I would do everything I could to make sure the proper authorities were notified of any and all information I could collect to identify this individual. Morality aside, liability is still present. This forum was used to display, if not a criminal act, an act which falls squarely under a potential suicidal/disturbed person harming themself. If a person states or demonstrates a willingness to injure or kill themself, or another person, certain steps have to be taken to stop that behavior. Why would Saiga12.com not be held liable for this posting? Particularly when members were allowed to ridicule the disturbed individual. For the sake of the Lord...mention was made on this thread that he should shoot himself in the head. A joke is a joke but most Saiga12.com members contributing to this thread feel the shooting is real. If it is real then suggested suicide is really not that funny. He is someone's son. What if he were your son? What if another person tried a similar act of stupidity they just happened to have learned/viewed on Saiga.com? Like I stated at the beginning of this post, I hope this video is fake.

Edited by t165
"Fat, dumb, and stupid is no way to go through life son." ~ Dean Wormer

I thought it was: "Fat, drunk, and stupid..."? Using the adjective "dumb", immediately followed by "stupid", seems a bit redundant. :huh:...

Yeah, you are correct, I noticed it after I posted it. :D

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/ngrwrmx...t-Drunk-Stupid-

"Fat, dumb, and stupid is no way to go through life son." ~ Dean Wormer

I thought it was: "Fat, drunk, and stupid..."? Using the adjective "dumb", immediately followed by "stupid", seems a bit redundant. :huh:...

Yeah, you are correct, I noticed it after I posted it. :D

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/ngrwrmx...t-Drunk-Stupid-

Yes, It is definatley Fat, Drunk< and Stupid. This was my mantra for 5 years or so to lose weight and stay sober.

If not a criminal act within this jurisdiction it will certainly fall under a mental emergency detention for observation. If a person is deemed a danger to themselves or others by a LEO, Prosecutor, or Judge, they can be detained and placed in a mental facility for 76 hours for observation by a qualified mental health physician. While not considered an "Arrest" the individual is still handcuffed and transported to a mental health facility even if it is against their will. Friends and family members can also petition the courts to issue an ED for an individual if they believe they are a danger to themselves or others. If the physician thinks there is cause for further mental health therapy after the initial 72 hour period then a petition wil be forwarded to a court of competent jurisdiction for adjudication and further therapy. The young man needs picked up and held for evaluation! In my opinion this young man should not be allowed to legally own firearms if this incident is an actual shooting. The police department which holds jurisdiction should be sent this video for investigation.

And yes...I have ED many people in the past. Some of the most violent encounters I ever had involved taking a mental suspect into custody.

Dont suggest that shit! Then I would have to deal with him in acute psych & he would probably end up in a group-home costing the rest of us $5,000 a month to support him. The dip-shit would probably like it :money: & we would be supporting him for the rest of his life.

Just think of all the chicks in the psych ward he could pick up/score with with a story like this.

It almost looks like he has done this before... I saw a couple of OTHER little round bandages on him....

most likely so he can play gangsta.... and show people how he got "shot".. and that he "Really is Hardcore".

It almost looks like he has done this before... I saw a couple of OTHER little round bandages on him....

most likely so he can play gangsta.... and show people how he got "shot".. and that he "Really is Hardcore".

HA, thats exactly what I thought. I guess he thinks chicks dig scars... or multiple bullet wounds...?