Well if it come from Brownells, sure it will be. They are not cheap, but they usually do have everything in stock and and it is usually of good quality.

But what it the fascination with putting AR stocks on AKs?

Given all the hype and hysteria around that stock, on Arfcom......I'm sure it will be as hard to obtain as the UBR. Probably even harder, because it's cheaper than the UBR. (FWIW, the ACS comes down to $112 at Brownells, with the discount)

Magpul puts out great stuff. I'd buy an ACS in a heartbeat. I'm going to need collapsible stocks to replace the pinned MOE's I've got on my AR's, once I get out of NY.

I'm a sucker for things with "compartments." Places to stash extra batteries, tools, parts, M&Ms, whatever. I ordered this stock last week from a vendor on E-Bay for $112.00. It should be here today or tomorrow.

I am going to put it on my 870 Express with the Enidine system. The stock that comes standard from Mesa Tactical with the Enidine system is pretty bear bones.

I'll post some pictures of it when I get it installed and I'll give an initial "quality and feel" assessment.

WJ

The Magpul arrived today and I put it on my 870 Express. It went on easily and feels like it is very high quality. The compartment door opens and closes smoothly and it seems to be held in place on the Enidine recoil reducing tube securely. Of course, I have not yet fired the shotgun with the Magpul installed.

For comparison, my 870 Police has a Choate stock mounted on an Enidine recoil reducing tube. For fit, finish and feel, so far, without range testing, I would call them very close, with a nod to the Magpul for innovation and slightly better finish.

100_0861.jpg

100_0864.jpg

100_0865.jpg

100_0866.jpg

100_0868.jpg

WJ

(the official Saiga-12.com poster boy for pathetic digital photography skills.)

Edited by WarriorJudge

Looks good WJ. I love Magpul stuff :wub: . I'll be picking one of these up soon. Is that "lever" toward the front of the stock, a "friction lock", similar to that on a CTR?

As for them being on an AK...........who cares? The only telescoping stocks for AK's are all AR-style, so your either stuck with a side-folding/under-folding stock or fixed stock. Why not use the versatility of AR-style stocks to ones advantage? AK sentimentalism or "purism"? I was of that mindset at one time. But my opinions have since changed.

If it works, it works. I'm sure whatever you're shooting at doesn't give a shit what kind of stock your rocking. :rolleyes:

Looks good WJ. I love Magpul stuff :wub: . I'll be picking one of these up soon. Is that "lever" toward the front of the stock, a "friction lock", similar to that on a CTR?

Thanks, 22 Shooter. Yes, it is a friction lock.

WJ

As for them being on an AK...........who cares? The only telescoping stocks for AK's are all AR-style, so your either stuck with a side-folding/under-folding stock or fixed stock. Why not use the versatility of AR-style stocks to ones advantage? AK sentimentalism or "purism"? I was of that mindset at one time. But my opinions have since changed.

If it works, it works. I'm sure whatever you're shooting at doesn't give a shit what kind of stock your rocking. :rolleyes:

Edited by WarriorJudge

I put a Magpul stock with a CAA tube adapter on my S12 just a temporary measure, and found that it gave me a good check weld and the adjustments let me set it up the LOP like I wanted. I have a tendency to crawl up the stock a bit and be nose to receiver.

While I'm not one to put AR stuff on AK's I found it to work on the S12. The TAPCO I put on there at first was a POS.

Magpul makes quality kit, I could see that stock on my .308 DMR build.