It's a shame this man at the age of 72 was forced to make the decision to take a life. It's surprising that he was able to defend himself, view the article for the explanation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32426383/ns/us...rime_and_courts

I read on another article that one of the employees "teabagged" (or at least beat and screamed) one of the dead thugs.

Oh hi btw, I am new to the boards. Getting my Saiga-12 this week.

It is a shame, but that neighborhood is a better place today without those monsters on the loose. They may have been "someone's kids," but they had long since transformed into something a lot more evil when they walked into that store and starting beating and threating to kill the innocent over money. I glad that someone put them down before they hurt anyone.

I'm a fairly liberal-minded guy, but why the hell should I feel sorry for these assbags who got themselves blown away? Once you start waving your gun in my face in my place of business, your life is forfeit, as far as I'm concerned. These douchebags showed no respect to the people they were robbing and terrorizing, so why are they due any kind of respect in death? I feel bad for the shop owner, because it sounds like he's really torn up about this. He asked them to leave, and they seem to have (stupidly) assumed that because it's basically against the law to arm yourself in NYC, they'd never have to face someone with equal firepower. Looks like they were wrong about that, and they paid the price for making the wrong decision and then sticking with it.

I feel sorry for the shop owner. Not only did he have to experience all this, he also has to worry if this was gang-related. Others may come, out of vengeance, and with his 12-gauge confiscated, he would have no defense. He was asked if he had another and was smart to not answer that question, but my guess is that if he only test-fired the one shotgun and never used it since, he probably has no backup. :(

I hope for this man's safety and continued prosperity.

I'm not buying it that he never shot before. And not having a permit for it is a giveaway. You gotta be nuts to be white doing business in Harlem and not having some kind of back up plan. But the guy did well and he is a hero nevertheless. If that happened to me I would probably just crap my pants.

From the article:

Police said one of the men collapsed and died outside the door, just feet from a Baptist church.

"He died in the hands of God," said a neighborhood resident, Vincent Gayle, pointing to the blood-spattered pavement by the church. "But what goes around comes around."

Quotes like this really don't make me feel great about the shop owner's chances of being left alone...

I read on another article that one of the employees "teabagged" (or at least beat and screamed) one of the dead thugs.

Ya know, taking a life, even if you are justified, is a serious thing... but I would probably have difficulty restraining my laughter if I saw a person C.H. someone after lawfully defending themselves. Of course, the media would be all over it citing the first person shooter genre and how it influences people to commit violent acts, yadda yadda.

My Ex-wife use to say I was cold hearted by stating a fact. If you try to harm me or mine; you the criminal become a simple paper target and nothing more to me. I will have NO remorse if I am justified in my mind at that moment..

its basically been my tag line for the last 10 years or so... see below.