Is there any reason???

Besides cost is there any reason to buy a big box of federal shells at wallymart??? Would I just be checking that they cycle on 2 or 3 (using the gunfixer plug)?? Or would I just be prolonging my time at the range by picking them out of the side of the gun one by one after they FTE?? Thoughts???

I've personally got about 5 or 600 rounds of Federal bulk ammo through my Saiga 12. With the Gunfixer knob, I had no issues. I picked up a lighter mainspring and recoil spring too, but that's probably overkill.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin

My gun has cycled everything I've ran through it, even without the gunfixr plug. The only time I've ever had a problem is when I forgot to switch the gas setting. When I bought the gun at Knob Creek the guy gave me a box of Federal to go with it. Since then, I've used mostly cheap Winchester stuff from big box marts because it's all I could find without driving out of the immediate area. I've even used the AA stuff.

I seem to recall the federal having noticably more kick to it though.

Edited by gkcf

I still have the factory gas plug in my Saiga 12, and the Federal and Remington birdshot I buy at my local Wallmart works great. Both cycle just fine and I never had a FTF or FTE with either. If you are looking for inexpensive reliable cycling ammo to feed your Saiga 12 on range trips, I would highly recommend either.

Win, Fed & Rem all work fine in mine with a stock plug. Guess I'm one of the lucky SOB's! :haha:

Just make sure your weapon is broken in properly before you go changing things out you may

not need...then again the plug does look pretty bitch'n.