SGM Tactical Tri-Rail Forearm

NOTE: Due to people getting upset about their assumptions, I must clarify: I am not saying SGM is a POS, or this product is a POS, but the one I got indeed seems to be a POS

It doesn't fit right, and doesn't work right, it isn't my fault because I know for a fact I installed it correctly

NOTE #2: LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN: I am not bashing SGM or their products, I am not calling their products POS's or their company a POS, only the product I got and how it works and fits on my rifle... somewhere along here is a problem

Hello,

I purchased a Tri-Rail forearm made by SGM from Mississipi Arms that looks like this:

pix10920156.jpg

After installation, I noticed that the forearm does not sit snug into the rifle. The forward part moves up and down when pushed, but the back is snug where the screw goes in. Is there anyway to fix this? Like filing a piece of it, or getting something to stick in between the forearm and the rifle?

Thanks guys.

Edited by NotForPraise

If the front is moving, you didn't install it correctly. I just installed one of these on Monday night and it is rock solid.

Make sure you get the gas block tab-wings in the slot on the front of the handguard and tighten the rear screw down. mine feels as or more secure than the factory.

Mine fits pretty snug, did you get it properly lined up in the front? I had a bit of trouble with that when I was installing it, had me a bit puzzled for about 5 minutes while I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Oh and PS I described my problem incorrectly, it doesn't move up and down, it moves side to side. Hard to describe in words, maybe I need to make a video to show? Here try this: grab your forearm and wiggle your hand, does it move? That's my problem. Cause mine moves. Or do they all move a little bit?

Don't expect "friendly" comments from people when you go on our forum bashing new products by reputable companies who are doing their best to come out with great products for our Saigas.

If you got a "factory defect" then that's no excuse to start a SGM POS thread!

Don't expect "friendly" comments from people when you go on our forum bashing new products by reputable companies who are doing their best to come out with great products for our Saigas.

If you got a "factory defect" then that's no excuse to start a SGM POS thread!

I never said anything bad about the company or their products

All I said is SGM Tactical Tri-Rail Forearm - POS

Implying that the one I purchased was a POS

Funny thing is, this site is oriented on helping people, but here, along with every other person in real life I ask for help to fix gun problems (because I'm not a gunsmith) just seems to get angry, upset, impatient, and doesn't want to help or work with me

Maybe I should just sell my Saiga

Edited by NotForPraise

+1 on what Cobra said. This has an easy fix had you asked why it had movement instead of starting off bashing a product.

It is by far the best Polymer one made. I have it on several of my rifles.

Did you even try to contact SGM or MAA?

+1 on what Cobra said. This has an easy fix had you asked why it had movement instead of starting off bashing a product.

It is by far the best Polymer one made. I have it on several of my rifles.

Did you even try to contact SGM or MAA?

I'm not bashing SGM or their products

Let me say this again

Look guys I'M NOT HERE TO BASH SGM

I'm bashing the $80 dollars I payed for a wobbly forearm that I'm 100% sure I installed correctly

Please understand, I didn't make this post to whine about how I think this companies products are

I'm sure they are fabulous, that wasn't what I came here to say

The product functions perfectly, it just moves, and a moving forearm is not a good thing

The Saiga I purchased, I bought in 2005 and was used

It is possibly modified or changed in someway that the gastube isn't flush with brand new forearms, so maybe that is the problem

That is all I was asking about, if there's a fix or something

Edited by NotForPraise

Return it and get another one. This is obviously a quality control issue. I disagree with the rest of these ball lickers, if you got a POS you have every right to bash the company that built the offending product.

Now I own one of these things and Im fine with mine, but I'd be pissed as well if I lost my hard earned money on a lemon.

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1

You can lick my balls bigsal... :)

What you and the OP still fail to understand is, it's NOT a POS! If it was an open sided S-12 drum from, a shady company who is known around here for lying and causing trouble...then it would earn that name POS!

Truth is though....it's an injection molded HG that should be exactly the same as the rest of the production HGs that it was shipped with. Even If something IS wrong with this particular one, that's no reason to bash the name SGM Tactical! And yes...starting a thread on the only forum dedicated specifically to these particular firearms, and the parts for them, IS bashing them if you use the term POS in the thread title! You people who live in a fantasy land where everything you can buy for a firearm, even brand new products, are supposed to be 100% perfect...or POS, need to get a life, or go somewhere where such non negotiable perfection in everything is the norm. Whining about things like this and talking smack about a company's product, without FIRST contacting the seller AND the MFG, is just plain retarded. :rolleyes: It happens way too much around here.

What probably happened in this particular case was, the OP either mistakenly oredered, or was mistakenly sent, a shotgun HG instead of the rifle version he needed. If you try to put one of these on a rifle there is no place for the pins to hook into, and it would surely wobble like he describes. Or maybe by some rare occurrence, he managed to get a defective one that was a cross between the two, having the longer tongue on the rear, with threaded hole, but no grooves up front for pin engagement.

(kinda like some of these butt munchers on this forum, with tongue's in people's rears, and lacking totally in the 'front groove' engagement area with their little 'pins'.... :haha: )

Either way...it is ridiculous to start a thread like that without first trying to ask about it through the proper channels.

You can lick my balls bigsal... :)

What you and the OP still fail to understand is, it's NOT a POS! If it was an open sided S-12 drum from, a shady company who is known around here for lying and causing trouble...then it would earn that name POS!

Truth is though....it's an injection molded HG that should be exactly the same as the rest of the production HGs that it was shipped with. Even If something IS wrong with this particular one, that's no reason to bash the name SGM Tactical! And yes...starting a thread on the only forum dedicated specifically to these particular firearms, and the parts for them, IS bashing them if you use the term POS in the thread title! You people who live in a fantasy land where everything you can buy for a firearm, even brand new products, are supposed to be 100% perfect...or POS, need to get a life, or go somewhere where such non negotiable perfection in everything is the norm. Whining about things like this and talking smack about a company's product, without FIRST contacting the seller AND the MFG, is just plain retarded. :rolleyes: It happens way too much around here.

What probably happened in this particular case was, the OP either mistakenly oredered, or was mistakenly sent, a shotgun HG instead of the rifle version he needed. If you try to put one of these on a rifle there is no place for the pins to hook into, and it would surely wobble like he describes. Or maybe by some rare occurrence, he managed to get a defective one that was a cross between the two, having the longer tongue on the rear, with threaded hole, but no grooves up front for pin engagement.

(kinda like some of these butt munchers on this forum, with tongue's in people's rears, and lacking totally in the 'front groove' engagement area with their little 'pins'.... :haha: )

Either way...it is ridiculous to start a thread like that without first trying to ask about it through the proper channels.

The guy has every right to say whatever the hell he wants. You can piss on his thread for not being accurate, but you really have no right to dictate how he frames his argument.

:haha: Also, I hate you. :haha:

did anyone suggest loctite, I don't know. this thread is going south fast! lol. Again "Human Error".

I HATE YOU!!!

I had to say it, it made me laugh.

I think the problem is not with the screw area, but rather in the dimensions of the rail (or the handguard exit on the rifle). My gut feeling is that the guy should ruturn it and get his money back.