*** Urgent! *** I am in desperate need of 7.62x25 STEEL CORE ammo

Thx Tom an RobRez!!!

Please send them to:

MJS Global, Inc.

ATTN: Max

1721 Oakbrook Drive, STE D

Norcross, GA 30093

All I need is about 10 rounds, I am gonna file one off to make sure it is steel core!

All the rounds I have found and tried thus far were copper jacketed and then had a steel jacket on the inside and then led. But there is a version that is a full steel core, not just a steel jacket underneath the copper - those are the once I am looking for!

After speaking with Tom Cole, Max, and another rare ammunition dealer that I know, I wanted to point something IMPORTANT OUT -

This type of ammo is federally restricted, as it is AP handgun ammunition. It is highly unlikely that Rob's handful of rounds is out of the very limited importation of these - HOWEVER

A manufacturer IS allowed to possess these. What Max is working on, puts him in the green legality of him possessing these rounds (his project is private right now, and not for public info just yet), and obviously Mr Tom Cole is also a manufacturer that would be allowed to possess these rounds as well.

I just wanted to clarify this, and make these facts CLEAR before any questions may arise as to any legality on Max's or Tom's part. They both, in fact, DO have the right to possess these, and both have the proper documentation to prove it.

I thought it might be prudent to inform the public of this, due to it being a federally restricted item. Gun grabbers and LEO see "AP handgun ammunition" and tend to flip their lids.

After speaking with Tom Cole, Max, and another rare ammunition dealer that I know, I wanted to point something IMPORTANT OUT -

This type of ammo is federally restricted, as it is AP handgun ammunition. It is highly unlikely that Rob's handful of rounds is out of the very limited importation of these - HOWEVER

A manufacturer IS allowed to possess these. What Max is working on, puts him in the green legality of him possessing these rounds (his project is private right now, and not for public info just yet), and obviously Mr Tom Cole is also a manufacturer that would be allowed to possess these rounds as well.

I just wanted to clarify this, and make these facts CLEAR before any questions may arise as to any legality on Max's or Tom's part. They both, in fact, DO have the right to possess these, and both have the proper documentation to prove it.

I thought it might be prudent to inform the public of this, due to it being a federally restricted item. Gun grabbers and LEO see "AP handgun ammunition" and tend to flip their lids.

Dumbest law ever. I can put ss109 in my AR-15 but god forbid I put it in my plr-16. :rolleyes:

blame crack war's 1985-1995 for that one. They were the only things dealers were putting in their illegal guns, and as most of you will recall, it scared the hell out of the cops, when they started getting cut down with them across the country. Hell, I dont blame them.

...nor should you, actually.

blame crack war's 1985-1995 for that one. They were the only things dealers were putting in their illegal guns, and as most of you will recall, it scared the hell out of the cops, when they started getting cut down with them across the country. Hell, I dont blame them.

...nor should you, actually.

I dont blame the cops I blame the liberals. But non AP 7.62x25 will still go thru level IIIa, I have done it.

who said anything about level 3 armor? He'll tell ya what it is when hes ready, Im sure.

As for the topic at hand, well, as I recall it WAS the cops screaming bloody murder that they were up against it back then, that got the law pushed through. Some went on strike over it, didnt they?

Maybe some of the more senior LEO here can refresh my memory on how big a stink was made over it at the time.

who said anything about level 3 armor? He'll tell ya what it is when hes ready, Im sure.

As for the topic at hand, well, as I recall it WAS the cops screaming bloody murder that they were up against it back then, that got the law pushed through. Some went on strike over it, didnt they?

Maybe some of the more senior LEO here can refresh my memory on how big a stink was made over it at the time.

Level IIa and level IIIa are what most LEOs use.

You may be correct about the cops pushing for the law, :unsure: . But I dont see how banning AP pistol ammo was a big deal. Non-AP ammo will kill you just the same.

(Also sorry for hijacking your thread Maxx)

But non AP 7.62x25 will still go thru level IIIa, I have done it.

You are absolutely correct - a regular, non steel core 7.62x25 @ 420 meters/sec will go through IIIa like there was nothing there...

Well, I cut some 53 headstamp on stripper clips and some 63 Chinese headstamp.......Both stuck to a magnet, but neither are steel core..................I'm sure I have some stashed away from when the memo came down not to sell to the public...............

I have a local ammo mfg up here now, who builds exotic ammo for exotic gvt projects.........Let me know when you want a piece shot with something like a 50 cal spotter slug in a 500 Whisper................ :rolleyes: ....or some 300 Win-mag AP loads..... :ph34r:

We can put a vest on a pet goat or something................post the vid on U-tube........

You take them apart first ???

Ahhhh Man, it's a lot more interesting to cut the slug apart on a live round............ :ded: ....or use a bench grinder on it...................

Oh yea!!! Observe all the cool looking sparks!!! Famous last words come to mind - "Hey Bubba, Watch This!"

• 2 weeks later...

well i found this at least.....

your russian produced cartridge only was made in API, and would have a black/red tip, and is apparantly WW2 era....according to this, anyhow.....document is 1985 subimission to DOD records....

source is from a .mil site, not a second hand source....

post-83-1252525563_thumb.jpg

here is some more bullet color coding info, only providing relevant countries that made this round or weapons for it:

bulgarian - same as soviet

china - same as soviet

czech - pre 1952 AP has white primer annulus - post 1952 same as soviet

germany - DWM manufactured some 7.62x25 pre ww2 for russia, black tip - unsure if 7.63x25 (the mauser cartridge) ever had an offering in AP, might be a viable alternative, although 7.63 is really hard to find...

hungary - same as soviet

polish - same as soviet

north korea - generally follows ECC coding - black tip for AP black with red stripe for API

romainia - same as soviet

yugo - same as soviet