LOWER AMMO PRICES ARE APPEARING

• 3 weeks later...

*THREAD NECROMANCY*

I can now vouch that Ammunitiontogo.com is a legit site and ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. They kept me updated daily as to the status of my order until it shipped. It arrived in a timely manner and all accounted for!

Also Scottsdale Gun Club, my local indoor range, has dropped price on .223 from 20@$10 to 20@$7.50. This is a good sign as SGC generally prices slightly higher than retail for a profit. My friend and I also noticed that they are in a good supply of all ammo and that most everything saw a price drop.

*THREAD NECROMANCY*

I can now vouch that Ammunitiontogo.com is a legit site and ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. They kept me updated daily as to the status of my order until it shipped. It arrived in a timely manner and all accounted for!

Also Scottsdale Gun Club, my local indoor range, has dropped price on .223 from 20@$10 to 20@$7.50. This is a good sign as SGC generally prices slightly higher than retail for a profit. My friend and I also noticed that they are in a good supply of all ammo and that most everything saw a price drop.

you're a member of the scottsdale gun glub?? i hate you right now... The Titanium membership is insane

you're a member of the scottsdale gun glub?? i hate you right now... The Titanium membership is insane

LOL. Not a titanium member... EFF THAT. But I am a standard member. It is WELL worth it if you are like me and go more than twice a month.

RIO runs great. Bought a case of it the other day.

Does it fit in the MD drum?

No it does not. I received the MD Drum today in the mail. The Wolf OO buck nor the Rio OO buck fit in the drum. It sucks because I was pretty excited when I saw the mail man bringing my box (MD Drum) up the driveway. I was waiting outside for him because he comes everyday the same time like clockwork. Does anybody know if there is a OO buck out there that is priced like the Wolf or Rio that fits in the MD Drum?

@Howard:

Weird... will the MD Drum only fit standard 2.75" ammo? I thought it worked for 3in stuff to but I do not have a drum so I do not know this firsthand.

Edited by camon
250rds - 12 gauge Fiocchi High Velocity Nickel Plated BuckShot $139.95 good performer in my shorties

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com

Does the Fiocchi 00 buck fit in the MD drum?

If you google Fiocchi OO Buck then go to IMAGES you can see pics of the shells. It looks like it would but check it out and be the judge. The top looks more like a Remington than a Wolf or Rio. The wolf and Rio have that little cap on them and these don't.

No it does not. I received the MD Drum today in the mail. The Wolf OO buck nor the Rio OO buck fit in the drum. It sucks because I was pretty excited when I saw the mail man bringing my box (MD Drum) up the driveway. I was waiting outside for him because he comes everyday the same time like clockwork. Does anybody know if there is a OO buck out there that is priced like the Wolf or Rio that fits in the MD Drum?

Yep, unfortunately most of the reasonably priced 00 buck is too long to fit in the drum, the shells exceed the 2.75" spec.

I can confirm that the Winchester (Olin) military 00 buck does fit, but it's big bucks. The word is that most of the Winchester and Remington 00 buck meets the size spec and fits in the drum. I've been having better luck with slugs, all that I've tried fit fine so far.

There a thread on this in the MD forum:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42849

@Howard:

Weird... will the MD Drum only fit standard 2.75" ammo? I thought it worked for 3in stuff to but I do not have a drum so I do not know this firsthand.

After I read your post, I tried it again. Nope, the Remington goes in with no problem but The Rio and Wolf get caught up on the cap (end).

Edited by HOWARD COSELL

Yep, unfortunately most of the reasonably priced 00 buck is too long to fit in the drum, the shells exceed the 2.75" spec.

I can confirm that the Winchester (Olin) military 00 buck does fit, but it's big bucks. The word is that most of the Winchester and Remington 00 buck meets the size spec and fits in the drum. I've been having better luck with slugs, all that I've tried fit fine so far.

There a thread on this in the MD forum:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42849

Thanks! I'm going to check that out right now. I'm just glad that the 12 round mags fit the Rio and Wolf.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised by this. I would have thought that since the S12 can feed 3in rounds fine that the drum would have been designed to as well. The RIO stuff while the shell is 2.75in is actually just slightly less than 3 inches due to the magnum load.

It feeds fine in my S12 with the stock 5round mag and my AGP 10 rounders, but it has some feeding issues in my friends Mossy 500.

I personally was really impressed with the RIO OOBuck. Had decent accuracy, no feeding issues, and is a good price.

Edited by camon

Wow, I'm kinda surprised by this. I would have thought that since the S12 can feed 3in rounds fine that the drum would have been designed to as well. The RIO stuff while the shell is 2.75in is actually just slightly less than 3 inches due to the magnum load.

It feeds fine in my S12 with the stock 5round mag and my AGP 10 rounders, but it has some feeding issues in my friends Mossy 500.

I personally was really impressed with the RIO OOBuck. Had decent accuracy, no feeding issues, and is a good price.

Me too. It sucks because the those are priced great!

Never seen ammunitiontogo.com before, thanks skiboatsp for throwin that out there. Everyone needs to check out the 12 ga specialty rds. They have some pretty crazy shit on there. I'm gonna buy some 12 ga birdbombs for halloween, says its like shooting an m 80 100 yds down range. Pumpkins beware.

I just want to give you a heads up (you might already know this). I was talking to Greg at Carolina Shooters Supply and he said that if you have a MAGAZINE WELL on your Saiga, the drum won't fit.

• 2 weeks later...

the walmart federal bulk pack went up in price.. it is now 22.97 locally, it was 20.97 last week

I was in walmart today but did not check the federal bulk price...I always buy federal 6 or 7 1/2 or 8 shot from under the counter for $4.67 a box. Cheaper then the bulk pack at $20 plus and the muz vel is 1290 fps as compared to the 1200 in the bulk pack. Good plinking ammo.

I did notice more oo buck at a hair over a buck each and they had 9mm, 223 and some other stuff on the shelf for a change.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR