X39 Trigger won't reset,.. sometimes

Well I thought I had the problem fixed, but alas not, every now and then when I am shooting, it seems to happen at random on my Saiga 7.62 x 39, I am pulling the trigger, it fires and I have not fully released the trigger and I pull again and nothing, It has to be pushed forward a click, and then it will fire again. No buffer installed, cycles just fine, trigger is free from obstructions and seems to have all the springs working properly.

Any clues or suggestions as to what's causing this?

• Like 1

Well the trigger is real clean, no burrs, doesn't seem to be catching on anything,.. hmmm, trigger guard is good to go.

check the trigger for burrs i had a g2 with one that didnt operate properly until i removed it. ive also had a converted saiga where the pistol grip was pushing the trigger guard into the trigger making it stick like u said.
  • Like 1
Well the trigger is real clean, no burrs, doesn't seem to be catching on anything,.. hmmm, trigger guard is good to go.

check the trigger for burrs i had a g2 with one that didnt operate properly until i removed it. ive also had a converted saiga where the pistol grip was pushing the trigger guard into the trigger making it stick like u said.

Could you open up the dust cover, remove the bolt carrier and hold the trigger back and take a photo of the trigger/seer/disconnector?

There are a couple of things that could cause this. Check the front of the trigger hole for clearance... The front edge and the notch that is cut out for the single-arm trigger could be bumping and catching the FCG when it is pulled back.

Also check the safety. Mine was hanging the exact same way that you describe. When the trigger was pulled, the back part of the FCG comes up, and there was a tiny set screw on the back of my FCG that was catching the safety tab and occasionally binding it. 10 seconds with Mr.Dremel and the problem was gone.

P1010006.JPG

It sounds like your right hammer spring leg could be hopping off toward the center of the gun and getting stuck under the disconnector, causing it (disconnector) to still hold the hammer. When you push the trigger forward, it pushes the hammer spring out and allows the disconnector to release the hammer.

If that's the case, you need to bend that leg of the spring outward.

It sounds like your right hammer spring leg could be hopping off toward the center of the gun and getting stuck under the disconnector, causing it (disconnector) to still hold the hammer. When you push the trigger forward, it pushes the hammer spring out and allows the disconnector to release the hammer.

<off topic> Raoul, is it called the "spring leg" or "spring ear". Ive heard it called both, but I am not sure which is the proper term????

<off topic> Raoul, is it called the "spring leg" or "spring ear". Ive heard it called both, but I am not sure which is the proper term????

I thought that spring leg referred to the hook part of the spring itself, and the spring ear was the ridge on the trigger part that engaged the spring leg...

I'm sure that's it. Mine was doing the exact same thing a while back, and it was this.

I thought that spring leg referred to the hook part of the spring itself, and the spring ear was the ridge on the trigger part that engaged the spring leg...

I don't know. I've never heard of a spring "ear." But just because I've never heard of one/them doesn't mean they don't exist . . .

I don't know. I've never heard of a spring "ear." But just because I've never heard of one/them doesn't mean they don't exist . . .

We may never know.... :cryss:

Raoul,...

NAILED it,

The right side trigger spring ear was loose in the middle

Thanks a bunch, I bent it outward and seems to cycle sweet!

Thanks!

• Like 1

When i was converting mine I noticed mine was 'RIDING' in toward the trigger a hair.

Let it sit overnight and 100 dry fires since and no hangups. Going to finally shoot it Sunday/Monday.

Been built since July and have not even shot it yet.

To busy buying junk online.

Just got a 20 round hungarian TANKER mag for $2.47 and $7 shipping... Can't beat $10. The guy had it listed at BUY for $25.....

Got a sling for $7.50 and 50 rounds of .40 cal ammo for $10/10 s&h (.40 per round)

Got 180 Rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf for $54 total with shipping.....

Anyway.. Like they said check the LEGS on the hammer spring...

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

Good deal Gas Giant.

But I must admit, I found the problem myself (a little over a year ago) and found the answer to the problem on this forum too. :up:

Raoul,...

NAILED it,

The right side trigger spring ear was loose in the middle

Thanks a bunch, I bent it outward and seems to cycle sweet!

Thanks!

awesome that you got it fixed... now post some videos for us :D

oh, i love that scope rail ya sent me... i have been firing slugs and all sorts of high powered loads and I have not had my red dot drift even the slightest! I'll get some sweet video footage in early november after my friends and I go down to Tucson for the Halloween Horror practical shotgun event...

When i was converting mine I noticed mine was 'RIDING' in toward the trigger a hair.

Let it sit overnight and 100 dry fires since and no hangups. Going to finally shoot it Sunday/Monday.

Been built since July and have not even shot it yet.

It won't (probably won't) do it dry firing the gun, the jolt from the cycling of the action is what seems to do it.

The way I test it is to pull and hold the trigger, then push the spring leg towards the center and:

1. See if (or if not) the leg positively pulls itself back into position, and

2. If it DOESN'T pull itself back into position, then I see, as I release the trigger SLOWLY, if the disconnector is held up/forward by said spring leg. If it is, when you push the trigger forward, the disconnector should push out the hammer spring leg from under the rear of the disconnector, allowing it to go back and releasing the hammer to the hook(s).

That's the problem, the spring leg jumping off towards the middle and the disconnector holding onto it, therefore not releasing the hammer and holding the hammer spring leg so as not to allow it to function as intended, resetting the trigger forward and pulling the disconnector back away from the hammer. (Did I say that right?)

But the only real way to test it is to shoot it! I know, I know, that's the hard part . . .

Edited by Raoul_Duke

I've been having this trigger reset problem intermittently (maybe 1/100 rounds) ever since I put my BHO back in. Sure enough, after reading this I looked and am positive that's what was causing it. Cool! Thanks.

What I figured out was the BHO plate acts a washer for the Hammer SPRING 'coil' and by applying pressure to the back end forces the legs to open at the 'Trigger' end..

So in about 20 minutes (or less) I tore it all down swapped the G2 hammer (only) OUT and put in the Original hammer and the BHO and BHO spring (not previously installed since conversion) and VOILA... All better now... I will find time later to dremel my G2 hammer that HAIR to match the factory one... The BHO spring wasn't that hard.. 5 mins of tinkering'.

Function check is GOOD and the spring dont RIDE IN at all now...

So all of us 'NO BHO' people(s) should reconsider this, and that may avoid the debacle...

Hope this helps....

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

Well off topic abit... I finally just now shot my Saiga for the 1st time ever..

Labor Day.... (for the fruits of my labor of converting it...lol)

I didn't fire it before conversion at all... So today went very well.. No FTF or JAMS or SPRING ISSUES..

Killed a dead 7" diameter tree at like 50 yards or so....

Me and nephew (15) each took 10 rounds to it... My mom said she heard us 1/2 mile down the road at the farm...

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the fix gents. After suffering with this little issue at the range I took comfort in knowing that as soon as I logged on here I would find the fix. Here are two photos showing the failure of the right trigger spring ear to remain right and up against the BHO (new Tapco FTG self installed). The second photo shows the correct position. I agree that dry firing will not cause this, and that recoil does. Force the failure as described above and tweak the spring until it is fixed. Cheers!

post-20803-12595078599307.jpg

post-20803-12595078951021.jpg