Warranty question re adding US Parts

I didn't want to add the Tromix TIY trigger & FCG parts + pistol grip until I range tested the S12 in case I had a Vodka special. She functioned fine BUT appears to be getting a bit too much gas - I'm ordering the Gunfixr plug.

Give the above it is okay to proceed with the above conversion parts?

Are you using a 6 round (or larger) magazine?

If not, the shotgun is legal right out of the box.

I should have made my post clearer. I didn't want to make the conversion Before breaking her in just in case I had a Vodka special and would have to send it in for warranty work.

The break-in is complete BUT I might be getting too much gas, it ate all 4 different loads on setting #1, so I'm going to get the Gunfixr puck - given my range report I'm assuming it makes sense to proceed with the conversion parts since it won't be going in for warranty work...right?

Edited by kwesi

how far are your light loads ejecting? the lightest reliably cycling loads (federal 1 1/8oz bulk pack is what we warranty to) should be ejecting from 4-8 feet or so on gas setting 2....

What makes you think the gun is overgassed?

how far are your light loads ejecting? the lightest reliably cycling loads (federal 1 1/8oz bulk pack is what we warranty to) should be ejecting from 4-8 feet or so on gas setting 2....

What makes you think the gun is overgassed?

Because everything fired, ejected on setting #1. Here is the link to my range report post: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=44584

Did you even try to shoot on setting 2?

Chances are that if your gun was not even broke in yet, everything is cycling on setting 1, and the brass is flying that it is indeed being over-gassed.

No I did not because I thought first that I was to stay on setting #1 for the break-in and I stopped after 140 rounds mainly because I thought it was a done deal! I also thought why go to setting #2 and incur more recoil.

What am I missing here? Did I mess up by using Federal bulk during the first break-in? I wish there was a sticky, or maybe I missed it, that would layout a recommended shot shell by weight and how many , etc. to help us newbie's.

Does changing out the trigger guard and FCG void the warranty? What is the warranty? I can't find anythin in my papers.

"What am I missing here? Did I mess up by using Federal bulk during the first break-in?"

From what I have heard and read there is no set rule as to how to break in your gun. Most people use higher powered shells since some new guns have a problem cycling low brass, not in your case. No you didnt mess anything up using federal bulk, it probably was a good thing. Now you found out of a potential prob. As far as the warranty Im not sure.

Does anyone else think it might be over gassed if gun cycles low brass and sends them flying on setting 1 without being broke in?

Edited by bigsky59721