So I recently received a couple of guns that I had pretty much written off as gone. A flakey relative whom I'd lost contact with was "holding them" for me. These are guns I bought when I was 18/19.

Anyway, he actually kept them safe these last 10 years and recently reunited me with them, (via UPS)! :)

The first is a Winchester model 1300 12-gauge, (with 26" barrel, jeweled bolt, nice walnut furniture). After cycling some shells through her, I remember why I preferred the Winchester to the comparable Remington.. the pump-action is noticably smoother and faster. I guess that the Win 1300 was discontinued in 2006, (from what I've read). I'm pretty sure I bought mine in 1996.

The other gun I've recently reacquired is a Ruger 10/22 (stainless, polymer 1-piece furniture with a big ol "Ruger" on each side of the stock). It's a '97 model. The newer models look to be largely identical except for the plain stock that is now used.

They are both in great shape, (just as I left them). I spent the evening field-stripping and cleaning the two guns. I don't think they've been touched since the last time I handled em. It brought back a few fond memories of shooting these.. my first long guns. :)

Pics soon....

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Pretty cool man Yeah gota love a nice ruger 10/22 my dad had 2 of them he bought new back in um 1974 and the outher in 1976 He gave me one a while back shoots like a champ :super: But shure is nice you getting your stuff back mabie soon enough you will get all your guns back :}

That's awesome man. I need to get a 10-22 one of these days(been sayin that for years). I'm kinda leaning toward the GSG though.

Go 10/22. I considered a GSG myself and while they look cool for half the price you can get a 10/22 and a 50-round drum.

I was looking at some possible accessories for the 10/22 and came across an interesting looking conversion kit, a "Ruger 10/22 Barrel Conversion 18" Stainless 17 HM2". It consists of a replacement barrel and heavy bolt handle assembly. Details here...

Does anyone have experience with this conversion and/or have feedback on the performance of the .17 Hornady Mach 2 ammo?

I'm not in any rush to drop ~$200 on this 10/22, (I'm still having to pay lawyers to defend me against this bullshit prosecution :evil: ), but this conversion kit does intrigue me.

edit: did some reading, and the .17 HM2 round does sound like it's much more lethal and effective at range than the .22 LR, but the ammo is ~10x as expensive...

Anyway, it's just cool to discover that I have this conversion option if I want to "upgrade" my 10/22's power, (and lose the cheap plinking ability), down the line.

Edited by post-apocalyptic