Unfortunately, i do not have either. I would love both, though. :) I just thought i'd share a pic of a very interesting firearm.

O I C. Yeah, that'd make a great coach gun... but then again, so would a sbs S-12. :D

If it were me, I'd make the S-12, (doesn't have to be a sbs), a priority. I bet you'll still be able to buy double-barrel scatter-guns 2 years from now. I can't say the same about the S-12, (or any Saiga).

You're kidding, right? A double barreled breech loader, with a scope and tactical light for almost five hundred bucks... Dude I can empty a 20 round drum into a target in the time it takes you to bust that thing open and reload two shells.

To each his own my friend. Have fun with your tactical stage coach gun!

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied
  • Like 1

Only hits count. With the Stoeger's ability to unload both barrels at once, the odds of you having to shoot at the same target diminishes. Even the S-12's cyclic rate can't match that...meaning you'll never get the same number of pellets flying towards the target at the same time.

That being said, I wouldn't pay that much for one. I'd look on the used market first. A used coach gun on hand (or in the truck) beats the S-12 sitting in the gun store waiting for you to purchase it. Also, all the tactical stuff makes no sense on this firearm. A simple bead sight and smooth lines for handling are all you need for close in work. Bob's pic is a great example of what I'd do with a double barrel.

I wasnt wanting a truck gun JUST for defense, it would be a catch all kinda thing. And i wasnt realy considering that one. For a good price i would definately pick it up for shits and giggles, but i like the double trigger nickel one. And as the previous poster commented, ill probably end up picking up a used one. That way if someone doesnt like me having it or i have to use it, the only thing anyone will see is one of the oldest fudd guns in the world. I could go with a pump, but i kinda just want a sxs. An s12 would be great, but it will also scare the heck out of people that arent used to things like that, and if i pick up a sxs used, i a)dont have that problem, and b)spent a lot less. besides, only hits count, and since you are responsible for every round that goes downrange... 1 shot will stop a problem as well as 25. saying sxs's dont work is like turning your nose up at a revolver... it might not be ideal, but...

Dont think im knockin the s12... If they're still around when i get out of school, i have a spot on a gun rack for it...

Like i said before, the posts intent was to just share a gun i thought was cool.

:)

I paid 200 for a chinese double hammer double trigger 12 guage coach gun for cowboy action shooting. Funny thing even with the S12 around my wife and kids have decided it is the scariest looking gun I have.

I don't like the gun pictured. Just doesn't fit the usage or persona of the coach gun IMO.