The attached picture is the import info on the barrel of Yougo SKS. I'm trying to figure out when this gun was imported into this country, I figure if I find out who the importer is, it might get me closer to finding the import date :unsure:

Take a stab at it, I think I got all except the first word :killer:

GEDC1687.jpg

Try photographing it with a timer and tripod outside in full shade without the flash. The glare makes it almost impossible to read.

Thanks.

WS

Also bear in mind that continental Europeans record dates using Day, Month, Year as opposed to Month, Day, Year

as we do in the US.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

IS the date recorded as 6,02, 1979? If so the export date could have been either Feb, 06, 1979, or June, 02, 1979.

A better image would help.

WS

Also - hard to tell from the image. Is the first word "Jager"? This could have bearing upon who recorded the date, and what date was actually recorded.

WS

The attached picture is the import info on the barrel of Yougo SKS. I'm trying to figure out when this gun was imported into this country, I figure if I find out who the importer is, it might get me closer to finding the import date :unsure:

GEDC1687.jpg

BTW, you are asking us to play "Pin the tail on the donkey" here. If you think you have it all figured out but one word - why not post what you have? Even if it isn't in English the information could be helpful in assisting you to figure it out.

If you are just looking for someone to match wits with you - I'm afraid the image quality leaves everyone else at a distinct disadvantage.

WS

GEDC1687.jpg

BTW, you are asking us to play "Pin the tail on the donkey" here. If you think you have it all figured out but one word - why not post what you have? Even if it isn't in English the information could be helpful in assisting you to figure it out.

If you are just looking for someone to match wits with you - I'm afraid the image quality leaves everyone else at a distinct disadvantage.

WS

Sorry about that, I'm not smart enough to play wits matching games with anyone, I just didn't think of it :eek:

INTER ORDNANCE perhaps?

ETA: they are located in monroe NC

Top line is def INTER ORDNANCE OF AMERICA L P MONROE NC

If you can get a shot of the bottom with no glare that would be tons of help

the bottom line reads:

M 59/66 YUGOSLAVIA 762 * 39 I think.

INTER ORDNANCE perhaps?

Ha....Id'a never thought the first word was "Inter" :unsure: Inter Ordnance Co. LP America Monroe NC.

Bottom Line reads....M59/66 Yugoslovia, 7.62 x 39.

I really didn't think to post what I had figured out, sorry for doing that t everyone :killer:

Redcell...I don't know how you figured that out but thanks. I searched the web for a bunch of different ordnance companies in Monroe NC, Inter never came up.

Now for the Date of import??????????????????

INTER ORDNANCE perhaps?

Ha....Id'a never thought the first word was "Inter" :unsure: Inter Ordnance Co. LP America Monroe NC.

Bottom Line reads....M59/66 Yugoslovia, 7.62 x 39.

I really didn't think to post what I had figured out, sorry for doing that t everyone :killer:

Redcell...I don't know how you figured that out but thanks. I searched the web for a bunch of different ordnance companies in Monroe NC, Inter never came up.

Now for the Date of import??????????????????

Glad I could help,like ThirtyAughtSix posted give them a call they should be able to get the info on the import dates,if they still have their records.

I e-mailed the company and asked if they could tell me the date of import.

I also commented on the beautiful condition of the gun.

This their response to my e-mail:

These were imported by us from 2001-2003. Many were new and unissued.

Best regards,

David J. Moses

I.O., Inc.

3305 Westwood Industrial Drive

Monroe, NC 28110

P.O. Box 847

Monroe, NC 28111

Tel: 866-882-1479

704-225-8843

Fax: 704-225-8362

david@ioinc.us

Is that the one you got at the Richmond show?

Yup, the very one. You saw it, looks brand new, and probably is, well was, I shot the hell out of it one day this summer.

Funny thing, when I went to their website they aren't advertising any SKS's for sale. Makes me wonder how many guns like that one are still out there for sale, I look around at the VA Beach Show on Sat.

All of this import date shit came up when one of the guys at the local gun store said that gun doesn't come under 922r because in all likelyhood it was imported before the "BAN". Then he said something about it still doesn't matter because there is currently no "BAN", and I don't need to worry about 922r. Not sure how much I trust his take on gun laws, but it made me curious about the import date anyway.

I e-mailed the company and asked if they could tell me the date of import.

I also commented on the beautiful condition of the gun.

This their response to my e-mail:

These were imported by us from 2001-2003. Many were new and unissued.

Best regards,

David J. Moses

I.O., Inc.

3305 Westwood Industrial Drive

Monroe, NC 28110

P.O. Box 847

Monroe, NC 28111

Tel: 866-882-1479

704-225-8843

Fax: 704-225-8362

david@ioinc.us

is the address and info yours. if so i ordered some mags from you recently. i received the wrong ones and you guys sent me the write ones without asking for the return of the wrong ones. that's real good business. i check yall out all the time. will do business again for sure. become business member here. love that m35 ya have. man i want one. :super: