My Daughter had the Swine Flu this week.

On Monday my oldest girl got sick with what appeared to be the flu. She also didn't make it to school Tuesday. When my wife called the school Tuesday morning to let them know she wasn't coming in she was told my a office person that the Swine Flu had been "confirmed" in the school and she was not to return until cleared by a doctor. Well my wife freaked and took her to the doctor that day. Now what REALLY pisses me off about this is that the doctor told her that the "test" to confirm swine flu is only TEN TO TWENTY PERCENT accurate.......wtf....the doctor said the test is useless but they have to use it via guidelines from the feds. And of course the "test" said she was infected and that my girl couldn't go back to school until she was fever free for two days.

And I gotta tell ya if this is the swine flu then its nothing but the regular flu. Shes fine now, and i gotta tell ya shes been ALOT sicker than this in the past.

Swine Flu my foot...

just give her acidic fluids, and give her the least amount of food possible, and she will get a fever and her body will burn that shit out. In my experience, it takes two days tops to defeat bugs, however "bad" they say they are.

Ive beaten lyme without a shot or pill, btw. I carry strep and am immune to that, as well.

I am a FIRM believer in the human metabolism, and if its a strong one, you dont need fuck all to beat any "flu". the ONLY thing that has got me so far, is periodontal disease. I expect later to be joining the cancer crew, due to my lifestyle......

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. DO NOT ACT ON WHAT I SAY HERE, AS IT IS JUST AN OPINION BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR AND IGNORE WHAT I SAY HERE.

Shit, hope she feels better soon, Bean.

From what the doc told me last night when I went in and found out I have pneumonia, the swine flu is really only dangerous because it's more communicable. Also, if you're in good health it's not really more of an issue than any other flu virus but if you've all ready got something wearing on your system you're looking at a bad time. Keep an eye on her symptoms, keep her hydrated and stay in touch with your doctor, she should be fine.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's what I've heard as well... it will pretty much act like the normal flu for most people. It's not the killer virus 'some' people are freaking out about.

Good to hear your daughter is feeling better! Having sick kids is rough! Whether it's the Swine flu or stomach flu... it all sucks!

• Like 1

The people that make these rules are not doctors. We all suffer from their ignorance.

I am glad that your daughter has made a complete recovery!

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1

Tha's wierd about the test, haven't heard that yet.

I hope she is feeling well and back to school.

One of my friends just got over swine flu.

He was out of work about 10 days, said he felt like he got hit by a truck and couldn't get out of bed for a while.

He is fine now, him and his kid got it, but not his wife.

Imo, H1N1, the Swine Flu, is really no worse than the "regular" flu, (that kills thousands each year).

All this Swine Flu media attention is politically motivated. As good ol Rahm Emanuel said, "never let a crisis go to waste".

This bunch of lying, self-aggrandizing, hard-left sons-of-bitches who make up the current Administration, (and most of Congress), should be expelled, (and in some cases imprisoned), tomorrow!! :evil:

This manufactured Swine Flu scare is the least of the reasons why.. but it is one additional one.

Imo, H1N1, the Swine Flu, is really no worse than the "regular" flu, (that kills thousands each year).

All this Swine Flu media attention is politically motivated. As good ol Rahm Emanuel said, "never let a crisis go to waste".

This bunch of lying, self-aggrandizing, hard-left sons-of-bitches who make up the current Administration, (and most of Congress), should be expelled, (and in some cases imprisoned), tomorrow!! :evil:

This manufactured Swine Flu scare is the least of the reasons why.. but it is one additional one.

+1

THANX FOR YOUR THOUGHTS EVERYONE

She went back to school today!!!

Azrial - one of my close relatives is a former head of CDC......and aunt pat IS a doctor.....

Cool! But these types of rules seldom come from Doctors, that was my point. In this case, it was most likely some School Admin.