S12 Photo's after conversion & assessorizing!

First let me thank all of you who have posted so much valuable information for us newbies! The conversion is complete, at least for now, with the following changes:

Tromix gas puck

Tromix DIY trigger

Tapco FCG

Tromix folding LS stock with Saiga internal block

Gunfixr Gas Plug

Kross Tri Rail

Tapco SAW pistol grip

Carolina Shooter Supply vertical grip

Cobra's Steel Vented Upper Handguard

Mississippi Arms Lightning Barrel Shroud

I tested her out with 15 1oz slugs of Win SuperX hollow points 1600 FPS. First I loaded 5 rounds into the MD20 and she ate it as fast as I could pull the trigger then I loaded 10 rounds into the Surefire and same results. I used the -1 setting on the gas plug! Only problem was the pg came loose but I'm guessing that is because the blue locktite had only been applied 45 minutes.

Here she is:

post-20329-12548744060234_thumb.jpg

post-20329-1254874415135_thumb.jpg

post-20329-1254874423774_thumb.jpg

post-20329-12548744314482_thumb.jpg

post-20329-12548744408433_thumb.jpg

post-20329-12548744484575_thumb.jpg

post-20329-12548745141643_thumb.jpg

Edited by kwesi

Thanks! Hey Cobra: after I took the pic's I removed your cover/reinstalled and now it sits under the Kross rail and actually looks a lot better.

BTW: Does the shroud count as 1 US part since it attaches to the treaded end of the barrel? I've got 6 without it and with the factory mag or 9 with the US mag. Do I need 7 because I added the vertical grip?

Edited by kwesi

Looks really good. The gas tube cover does not count, but you have 7 without counting the mag parts right now.

Thanks Greg - you played a BIG part in this! I'm only counting 6 without the US mag:

FCG = 3

LS stock - 1

Kross = 1

Tromix gas puck = 1

Which other part is the 7th? Am I legal with just 6 OR do I need a 7th because I added the vertical grip? Or is the vertical grip a non-factor?

We all have our preferences & it's great that we have so many choices. I'm not sure why but the moment I laid eyes on that barrel shroud I was hooked! So easy to remove and change up the look too!

I'm going to the range tomorrow so we'll see how it all holds together!