question about my Tromix S-17

Just got it last week and am having a blast with it. My question is.....will this little beast shoot 3" shells? I only have used 2 3/4 loads with it and I bet it would make one hell of an fireball with 3" rounds........along with kiling my shoulder. also I have 5 surefire 13 round mags....are they good for 3" shells also. Here is a photo of my little beast......

DSCF2446.jpgDSCF2446.jpg[/img]

Thanks, SLug-O :bad_smile:

The Surefire's (as well as your S17) will take 3" shells, but the 12 (13) rounders have had reports of the front tab breaking. Most people (I think) seem to agree the breakage was due to a combination of the forces of recoil and the weight of all the 3" shells pulling the mag down and back, breaking the front tab. There have also been reports of them (12 rounders loaded with 3" shells) not being able to keep up with the cyclic rate of the gun and push the shells up fast enough to feed properly. Some people (including myself) have cut them down to 8 rounders and used them without any problems.

Welcome to the darkside,Leon. :devil:

3" shells are good to go.However,I would stick to the factory 5 rounders or the surefire 8's.

Thanks man....I got it last week and my shoulder is killing me already.......I needed surgry on it last year...I will really need it know. I dont plan on shooting 3" shells but I will put some in it and let friends have a blast..... Where is the link to the cutting surefire mags down to 8 and 10 rounds???

Slug-O

Welcome to the darkside,Leon. :devil:

3" shells are good to go.However,I would stick to the factory 5 rounders or the surefire 8's.

Thanks man....I got it last week and my shoulder is killing me already.......I needed surgry on it last year...I will really need it know. I dont plan on shooting 3" shells but I will put some in it and let friends have a blast..... Where is the link to the cutting surefire mags down to 8 and 10 rounds???

Slug-O

Leon,Get a Tromix stock with the limbsaver pad.I have one on my multi-gun Saiga.HUGE,HUGE difference in felt recoil.I am putting one on the Tromix as soon as funds permit.

Also,the Gun Gallery has(or they had last week)several factory 8rd Surefires.

Slug-O,

Congrats on your S-17, she's a beauty! If the felt recoil is tough on your shoulder I'd also heavily recommend the limbsaver. I have one on mine; it's extremely comfortable to shoot and 3" magnum loads are no problem at all.

Zach

KROSS FA

Thanks guys.........I really need to get that limbsaver. Should I order a new stock or can I have one put on at the next skeet shoot I attend. There are stock guys at the skeet shoots I go to. I read and reread the info that was included with my shotgun. I will be sure the gas setting is set correct before shooting....thanks Bob.

Slug-O

If you dont want to modify your gun or want to use with multiple guns try a PAST brand Shoulder recoil pad. Fits very easy on Shoulder with a strap, not the gun. It has a visco elastic insert which absorbs shock extemely well.

Ive had one for over a decade, and works great especially for Magnum loads or just plain shooting a lot of rounds. Not sure why it is not more popular, it's one of my most useful accessories for rifle. I just dont worry about shoulder bruising at all any more.