The wait is killing me

I bought an S12 at the last local gun show, and have since had to go offshore for work.

I have been reading on this forum every day, and buying the upgrades I wanted to install in the gun along with the conversion.

I don't get home for another 3 and a half weeks, but when I do, this list of parts will be waiting for me to install:

Mississippi Auto Arms order:

1 x Tromix Do-It-Yourself Saiga 12 Trigger Guard

features Ergo Classic Suregrip Pistol Grip - black

1 x Tromix Bolt On Charging Handle (SGP73)

1 x Flashlight Grip Adapter (caafga)

1 x Limbsaver Pad (Limbsaver)

1 x TAPCO Saiga 12 & 20 Gas Piston - Puck (SAG0703)

1 x Single Hook G2 Trigger Group -TAPCO (AK0650 SINGLE)

1 x Surefire Saiga 12 Rebuild Kits (SSGMPSK)

1 x Surefire Saiga 12 Gauge - 12RD Polymer magazine (SSGMP1212)

1 x Gunfixers Improved Gas Plug (GasPlug) (GunfixerS12P)

DPH Arms Order:

1 x Phoenix Flame Door Breach for Sagia 12ga

Saiga Parts Order:

1 x Saiga BLACK SIDE FOLDING STOCK (TAPCO) (STK0-6150B)

1 x "PRESALE" Saiga 12 Gauge Tri Rail Handguard

This forum is amazing with the amount of information that is available.

Pics will definitely follow when the work is done.

Get used to waiting as you'll always be waiting on something....new this, new that....it's a never ending stream of purchases. Right now I'm trying to save up the money to get another and go the SBS route. Then I'm sure it'll be something else.

Edited by GerryV

you may want to reconsider the tapco side folder if you haven't already placed your ordered..

they are pretty good quality and fit really tight, but they are really long. I would suggest something shorter especially if you are using a recoil pad..

This is just my personal opinion. You might like that setup, but i plan on selling mine and getting something else

either way its a huge improvement over the factory stock setup, good luck with the build :super:

Thanks for the info, I had the stock on without a pistol grip, and it felt okay. I'll see how it is when its all assembled. Any other warnings/feedback based on personal experience about any of the parts I listed?

I haven't had much experience with the folding Tapco stock, other than just picking up a Saiga at a gun show that had one. It seemed ok, but I much prefer my Tromix stock. The only caveat I'd mention about it is if you're adding a folding mechanism and a Limbsaver pad, the length of pull is a bit on the long side. Not uncomfortably so, but enough to notice (at least for me). I'm 5' 10" tall, so if you have longer arms than me, it may be just right. The Limbsaver is definitely worthwhile.

I seem to remember there was something going on with the Tapco piston. I don't remember if it was a recall per se, but it was something. I know there was debate about whether the piston or the puck was what the 922 regulations referred to though. I would have 922 compliant parts than required, just to be sure.

Good luck, have fun, be safe and post pics. :super:

Corbin

Thanks for the info, I had the stock on without a pistol grip, and it felt okay. I'll see how it is when its all assembled. Any other warnings/feedback based on personal experience about any of the parts I listed?

I think you'll find yourself replacing that Tapco stock with an ACE or Tromix product pretty quickly. The hinge on the Tapco stock comes way too close to one's nose when the gun is shouldered.. enough that it'll impact said proboscis while you're firing the gun, (if you're right-handed).

Imo, it also looks like shit.

ymmv

• Like 1