You do know that as soon as you announce you have a few ready, you're gonna be swamped with orders!!

Yep, better get ready to that! :lolol:

I have sort of "metal mag" -project going on (NLFD), and I'm having troubles with those "guide-lines" which keeps shells "in order"...

Haven't figured that out yet. If shells are not in proper order there are feeding problems... :-(

--Make

acgeorge is exactly right. I also have an alignment tab on top that will be removed later. Unobtanium is too expensive to machine. Kinda like Titanium. Although Unobtanium mills better without lubricant. If these function Flawlessly, then I will send the milling out to be done do to high number of orders. That will also keep the price way down. They will still be made in good 'ol USA though. Still looking for a 27' spring. Haven't had too much time for that. My design will have an insert to lead the shells on the correct path. An insert will allow angle experimentation. Then a permanent design will have the correct angle. Thanks for the support. Amish out.

post-1670-1110807476.gif

Nice work Amish. hope it works out. How many is that going to hold? I measured my 40 round AK mag spring and it's 20", same as the one in a 30 rounder. Thought that was interesting. I know the spring in the 8 rounders is around 27". It could be overkill. Maybe someone who has one of the coveted Saiga 8's could try putting an AK 30 spring in it (if it fits) and see if it would feed reliably. I will check it out when my 8 arrives. If it wont then you could just cut one AK 30 spring in half and use it to extend 2 more. You could just have 2 flat plates back to back where they join and it would hold itself together.

GREAT JOB Amish! That is a brilliant idea to use a screwed/bolted together sheet metal design, that really will keep the cost down. If you put together a short 2rd top half you could use it very, very easily on a Knoxx NLF, and they are plentiful. Sounds like we have a winner here!